Are you going to any Christmas events?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Are you going to any Christmas events this year?

We are going to Winter Wonderland in Manchester. We go every year and it's so much fun. It's the UK's biggest indoor theme park and lots of great rides for all ages, not that I go on any! And there is usually a show as well, last year it was a Frozen themed one :)

I'm going to the panto with the girls nursery (as a helper) to see cinderella. I'm excited but I imagine it won't be as enjoyable with 10 3/4yr olds hanging off me lol. Not got anything else planned yet, but I also plan on taking the girls to an indoor theme park but it will probably be at the start of the new year x

We go to Hyde park Winter Wonderland every year. Think it'll be a mission this year with my bump but I'm not missing it! Can't be any worse than when I used to have to take ds in the buggy :dohh:
I also like to go to oxford street and see the lights, and Harrods is amazing at Christmas too but I might just have to accept cutting down on walking/public transport this year :shrug: :haha:
I'll find a carol service in a local church tho! Love a good sing song x

Nothing major as im super skint this year
Kids are both going to pantos with school costing £10 each
We will go and visit fenwicks christmas window in newcastle (its paddington themed this year) and also nearby they have winter wonderland tipi's which look fun.
Were going to our towns christmas light switch on tonight too.
The church near us have a 'messy church' group so we will go to the christmas party and rhe kids fancied the nativity and christingle so will likely go to those.

We will be going to the family advent service at our local church on the first Sunday of advent. DS’s church playgroup perform there so I’m interested to see if he agrees to go up. After they have Christmas porridge and Christmas tortes. We will also go to the kids Christmas carols at the church as that is on at the same time as our church stay and play in the same church. Often they have international carols so I tend to go to that too.

We're going to an Aladdin panto on the 28th Dec.

DD1 is going to a different panto with school and is also going to an Xmas party with her friend sometime in Dec.

Dd1 says she doesn't want to go see Santa and I doubt dd2 will care, so we probably won't bother.

We're going away in Jan, so I'm saving money for that, so we'll probably just try and get into the spirit of things by doing free stuff. We like to walk round the neighbourhood looking for decorated houses, and browse the garden centres and Xmas markets, etc.

Nothing spectacular for us but we are taking Rio to see Santa at Hatton country world I think and will look around the Christmas markets there. We will be going to Birmingham’s Frankfurt market too we go every year I love it. Hot mulled wine in a festive mug and a giant metre long hot dog :haha:
We might go and see the Coca Cola truck too I’m not sure yet.

We are meeting Santa on a train ride, got a couple of school/nursery fairs and we have a Christmas market/funfair at the castle. I am still tempted with a panto but not got the funds and DH working mostly weekends (can't cope on my own with my two)

We’ve not got anything planned yet BUT the Coca Cola truck is coming near me and there’s a lights show in a botanical gardens... what’s winter wonderland in Manchester like, Bev? My best friends just moved there and might consider going to visit her with W if it’s any good! How cool would it be if we went on the same day :haha:

We’ve got a few things planned this year as I’ve been more organised. We’re doing the train ride with Santa, going to do sundown adventure land on dec 23rd and we’re going to our local castle for a carol service with mince pies and the children will get to meet Santa and get a present

We're going to the panto and thinking about going on one of the steam railway santanspecials. I also want to go ice skating

We are taking the girls to Guillvers World Theme Park to the Grotto in 2 weeks I am so excited !!

DD2 cried meeting him last year in a different grotto so missed out on a pic hope she will be ok this year and the weather will be good !

My husbands work is renting out Sea World in December, so we will be going there for the night. They are providing a buffet dinner, pictures with Santa and unlimited hot chocolate which is really nice, this is the first year his work has done a family friendly Christmas event so everyone is looking forward to it.
We also have season passes to another theme park called Six flags, so we are also going there one day in December too, to go on some rides, see Santa, watch some shows and see them light the tree and watch fireworks.

Not sure if we will do anything else, but looking forward to those couple things.

My DD is going to her first pantomime just before Christmas. A Sleeping Beauty one :)

Both older girls are going to Panto with the school. It’s beauty and the Beast this year.

Freya is going to breakfast with Santa at her little toddlers group.

Kids nativities & Christmas parties are the middle week in December too.

Nothing too much planned as I’m also due in the middle of December.

We have a few things planned. We are hoping to go to Edinburgh Christmas market tomorrow (weather permitting....please dry up!!). Theres a cute Santa train there and lots of fairground rides.
We are going to meet Santa on a steam train which lo has done before and loved.
Lo's birthday is in Dec so my parents are taking him to his first full length panto as part of his bday.
A couple of days later we are taking him to the panto for little ones. Lasts an hour and is interactive with the kids sitting on the stage on pillows. Its always fun and more low key. Curious to know how he will get on the longer one...hopefully fine as they are taking him without us!!
He will also have his school christmas party. And his birthday and party will fall the week before so December will be busy!!
We usually do a family day out for his birthday so may do Deep Sea World or the Transport Museum in Glasgow and tea out....if the budget allows. Ooh cant wait.

We’re doing 3 Christmas things this weekend - my school Christmas dates on Friday, local village Christmas dates on Saturday and then seeing Christmas lights be switched on on Sunday. After that we’ll probably do a few local things but nearer Christmas we’re going to chessington for their Christmas event - not totally sure what to expect from it

DD was supposed to be going to Jack and the Beanstalk panto with school next month, but no longer wants to.
We went to the Christmas lights turn on/fair last Friday.
Santa and his reindeer's are doing a parade through our high street tomorrow so I'm going to take DD1 to that.
School Christmas fair on the 1st
Helping school with a Christmas craft day on 5th.

Not an event but we do it every year. We are off to Bicester village tomorrow to spend some serious £. It’s one of my fave shopping trips of the year me and OH really splash out on each other and get some great designer bargains for the boys. We are also going to Cheshire oaks next Sunday - oops lol.

Not an event but we do it every year. We are off to Bicester village tomorrow to spend some serious £. It’s one of my fave shopping trips of the year me and OH really splash out on each other and get some great designer bargains for the boys. We are also going to Cheshire oaks next Sunday - oops lol.

Have followed your Biscester trips over the past couple of years lol.
We always go to the Ashford one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->