Are you lovely ladies setting a budget?

I don't set a budget but I love to get the best bargains I can and rarely buy toys at full price. I have tried to keep the number of presents down the last couple of years, I find it really hard not to buy loads but I absolutely don't want to spoil my kids! So I focus more on getting things I think they will love for good prices, rather than sticking to a set amount.

I have a vague budget but always go over, but I am trying to cut back, although seem to have cut back on everyone except DS!

He still has lego sets untouched from last Christmas and Birthday - maybe I should just wrap them up again!

I'm trying to limit myself this year. All the children are very young and got so bored opening presents last year. I think DS1 will appreciate them more this year though.

I'll probably aim for less than £100 each for older two and less than £50 for baby. I then plan on buying a few things for them all to use (crafty stuff, puzzles etc). I think I'll set a budget for me and DH too because I always spend a fortune on him and he buys me a few bits on december 23rd lol

I have a budget of 250 for each of mine (although probably not for baby and the majority of his will be clothes) and that's for everything, main, stocking etc. Last year I was pretty good at sticking to it but that was the first year that I have been.
They still ended up with things that they've hardly played with and some that haven't been touched, this year instead of cutting down we're going to try and think more carefully about we buy and not just because they see it on an advert the week before iykwim? I've also told them they are to think more carefully about their lists and explained that it's a waste especially when there are children that get nothing, so far it seems to be working but we'll see :shrug:

I dont set a budget, although we are cutting way down this year, I tend to just get what they have been asking for through the year, I do try to get as many bargains as possible but as long as they have a few things they want and a few little surprises then I am happy :)

I'm going to set a loose budget but I'm not sure on the figure yet!

So I've downloaded the gift list app on play store which seems pretty good so far. Pop in each child, budget, then add gifts to list. You also have little buttons for when you have bought and wrapped each gift too. And you can add the link in too which is handy

Xxx

Yeah I do tend to set budgets. I find with starting xmas shopping early it's easy to spend too much if I don't keep track. I don't spend the same amount on each of them at the moment but I'm sure it will even out as they get older.

Yes both money wise and quantity. Mine don't appreciate what they have and can be quite destructive with their toys so I'm hoping less will make Ben appreciate it more. Ds has 6 presents for his birthday next week which is a big cut down from previously

ETA I have spent £100 on his birthday and will set a budget of £100-£150 for each for Christmas

I TRY budget £250 per DD. Emphasize the try. Fail miserably. OH is £100. The kids get no more than £15 spent on them. Adults get £10. This year we moved, OH got a new job so financial status is different, and with such a short timescale to buy, budget will be strict. I have less people (8 or 10) to buy for this year due to family mishaps with both mine and OH's side, which is a plus on the spending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->