Are you planning a holiday before the baby comes?

Laura27

Reaction score
I'm going to focus on saving for the baby and for when I'm on Mat leave but we've decided to have a week away somewhere hot as well!

I'm struggling to justify it financially, but I think it's really important that we have some nice relaxing 'us' time before bean is here, so it will be worth it :) And I'm looking forward to some sunshine!

It is really important! I highly recommend it. Once LO is here, you won't ever be able to leave as easily again. Just try to time it correctly. I think second tri is best, or at least best for me.
We went away at 71/2 months last time and for me it was too late. I had already gained like 35 lbs. I looked full term. It was hot so I was dying from the heat. I had to pee all the time every where we went. And people kept asking me how many days til baby is due and I would have to say 21/2 months, which was embarrassing.
This time we're going away at 16 weeks. But that's just me!

Hoping to go on a family holiday before 28 weeks. Can't go past 28 weeks as no airline will fly you without a safe to fly/confirmation of uncomplicated pregnancy which I won't get as I have lots of complications x

We're doing a little "baby-moon" kind of like a honeymoon around 24 weeks. After that time frame I was too big to enjoy anything. We are staying in the area but getting a nice hotel room in downtown Chicago, eating at an expensive restaurant, and seeing the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform. Also having a little shopping spree for me and the new baby lol Also getting a prenatal massage!

We have been talking about this but not sure either way because there are issues to consider.

We were thinking about going south to a resort but then DH said that he worries that bad food could make me sick. I have suffered a couple losses so I worry about early labor and going to a hospital down there.

I suggested a cruise but DH said that people tend to get sick on the cruises and they spread around the boat.

We thought of just going to the USA (Vegas) but then he said that it's too much walking for me (apparently I can't walk in the second trimester lol).

Last case I presented going to a cottage close to home. DH said that we wouldn't be able to really do anything. Apparently going on a boat is out and pregnant women can't fish or go for walks (can you tell he is a little paranoid lol).

I am determined to get some vacation out of this pregnancy. I am most comfortable staying close and going to a cottage.

I would like to go to Cali or Florida and just enjoy the beach :)

we might have a family holiday during the some holidays but we probably wont go too far (not to other countries)

I agree that it is so important to take some you time vacations or even day cations before the LO is here. I don't think I will be planning anything. Luckily, my mom just started working and (not so luckily) she is having a hip replacement surgery soon so my family isn't even planning anything yet. the only thing we have in the works is a cruise next summer. So I have to start looking into how early you can take a baby on a cruiseship and saving up for that since I would need my own room. I might take my speck to the Monterey Bay Aquarium since I have to go there on Friday for my project presentation for my MS. Last official duty before graduation in May! I thought it might be fun to take my Speckie there and do some look what I did with you before you were even born photos. But then the thought of walking around exhausts me haha

I'm already going to be fully pregnant in the middle of the Texas summer heat so going somewhere hot won't exactly be a vacation for me lol

I did grow up on the beach though and that's the only place I've ever truly felt at peace so maybe I should go back home before I pop. I'd probably get a baby shower out of it too :p

Leaving the house is the last thing I every want to do right now (10 weeks) so planning a vacation hasn't really dawned on me.

I'm already going to be fully pregnant in the middle of the Texas summer heat so going somewhere hot won't exactly be a vacation for me lol

Hugs. I am so sorry. I literally tell myself that when July rolls around things could be worse... I could be pregnant. In July. In Texas. Stay cool! In both senses of the word. ;)

Hugs. I am so sorry. I literally tell myself that when July rolls around things could be worse... I could be pregnant. In July. In Texas. Stay cool! In both senses of the word. ;)

HAHAHAHAHA gee thanks, it sure does help to know that other people use the situation I'll be in to make themselves feel better hahaha

My sister did the same thing but due in September (I'm in August) and people had the nerve to suggest that she didn't plan that one out very well, almost as if to suggest that her baby was an accident. Ugh Texas.

Maybe I will go on vacation...TO ALASKA

If you go to Alaska, you are taking me with you! I was supposed to go for high school graduation, but my cat got super sick so I had to stay home with her. My mom never let me live that one down. I want to see the orcas!

Haha yeah I have a best friend who lives in Texas. I would always complain about how hot it was in California, and she would just glare at me through Google Hangout haha

People say dumb things all the time. Probably because most people are just dumb. hahaha

DH and I had a week in Tenerife before our first was born, when I was 28 weeks pregnant, it was great. I'm really glad we had the chance to spend that time exploring a new place together, eating lots of delicious food and just spoiling ourselves before the baby madness began!
We are going on a little family holiday to Center Parcs when I'll be about 18 weeks pregnant this time which I'm looking forward too :)

Me, my OH and my little boy had our holiday booked before I fell pregnant so we are still going on that. Going to Portugal in the kids holidays end of May for a week. I will be 24 weeks x

Not likely. We have a massive out of state move in June so between that and clearing out and packing up and selling the current house I'll probably consider getting to lie in a hospital bed post birth to be a vacation.

I'm bridesmaid at a wedding in June in Greece the week I turn 28weeks! I haven't told the bride yet :s

Going to Lanzarote in May when I will be about 23\24 weeks. Can't bloody wait!!

One of my husband and I's friends works for an airline company and is graduating from college in May. He wanted to fly a bunch of friends to Hawaii to celebrate. I will be around 23-26 weeks then so we will see if it happens! I would love to do that though, only downfall is I have never been to Hawaii and I don't want to miss out on seeing anything!

One of my husband and I's friends works for an airline company and is graduating from college in May. He wanted to fly a bunch of friends to Hawaii to celebrate. I will be around 23-26 weeks then so we will see if it happens! I would love to do that though, only downfall is I have never been to Hawaii and I don't want to miss out on seeing anything!

You should go, I am sure it will be amazing. I could go in your place :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->