Are you ready to go back to school??

~KACI~

Reaction score
I'm halfway there

All there uniform is done except paige needs another skirt.
Both needs school shoes.
PE Kit for Both
Paige needs a book bag.

I'm not buying new bags as they both had new one's at the end of the spring term.

Kieran needs a new lunch box possible and i need suggestions for reliable non leaky, hard to break juice containers. Kieran went thru 5 last year! :dohh:

Need to label up there uniforms aswell. Just about to order off ebay. Coats are also sorted :thumbup:

So how are you doing :thumbup:

Erm havent even thought about it lol..Normally leave it until end of aug...your very organised! lol x

lol this year i am, Needed to spread the cost over two months, especially since i have two sets of school shoes to buy this year...bye bye £70 lol

Wow - I'm jealous of your organisation.... You are more than welcome round mine at anytime!!

I haven't even thought about it yet...... Last year, I had everything done by the third week of the holidays, and on the first day back 2 of mine had already outgrown some of their new things :dohh:!

Hmm... Maybe I'll start next week! (if I remember!) x

I just need to get

Dan's school bag
Dec's shoes
Dec's track bottoms
sock and underware for both boys
vests for Dec.

I am going to town tomorrow so I hope to get it all then :) But remember in Ireland the kids go back to school at the end of Aug, so 3 weeks time and they will be back :)

All done , just need school shoes ( dont want to buy just yet knowing my luck they will grow in the few weeks coming to school to another size!) so ill size them up and buy 2 weeks before they go back.

5 dresses , 5 skirts , 12 polos , 2 coats , umbrella , lunch box , 15 pairs of socks , Hair assescories , Then winter hat , winter gloves , tights , scarves, school bag.

I think thats it for Carly?

Ella just wears any odd thing to Pre school and just has a Jumper to add for uniform , i wont be buying that new, since every time she goes to preschool she is covered head to toe in paint. So nothing new for Ella :lol: Apart from shoes and coat :)

I was really organised, all I had left to do was buy Em's new school jumpers and label up her new shirts. But dp's son has moved in with us now and will be starting a new school here in Sept so I have got to get EVERYTHING he needs for school now :dohh: lol. Nevermind, it's a great excuse to go clothes shopping again :happydance:

WoW ive not even started shopping for back to school :blush:

i have got as far as sorting out her wardrobe today & throwing away school uniform that is now too small, which was everything apart from a skirt & school jumper :dohh: so i have it all to buy including the shoes!!

still loads of time left :winkwink: well thats what i'm telling myself lol

I've got everything now except the school shoes and plimsols for PE. It's Madeleine's first year at school so I'm excited!

Does anyone know, when I buy plimsols, can I just get cheap ones or do they have to be fitted properly at Clarks?

cheap one's are fine, kieran didn't even use his in the first term, so they were too small when he did eventually use them.

supermarkets sell them :)

All i have left to get Lea is school shoes and plimsolls which i always leave to the end of august and i need to sew in name tags or i may be lazy this year and just use a fabric pen. x

^^ i've ordered iron ons.

I sewed kierans last year. no way am i doing that times 2 lol

I've got...lunch boxes and thats it.
Both dd's need everything apart from a school fleece luckily they will last longer.
I wont be spending much on uniforms as they wreck them, I have learned my lesson, its Tesco all the way and I also wont bother buying dd1 any skirts as she lived in trousers and shorts last year and 3 skirts just got wasted (will be kept for dd2 but being 5 years younger)

^^ i've ordered iron ons.

I sewed kierans last year. no way am i doing that times 2 lol

oh i tried those and they are pants they come off in the wash the little buggers x

I have everything - I just need to sew name labels and that's it all sorted! Our lot go back next week :shock:

Plimsolls can be the cheapest ones. Asda usually do them. I recommend buying several sizes at Back to School time of year as if they break or get grown out of in the middle of term it can be tough sourcing a new pair!

Aarrgghh you're so organised. I'm a last minute shopper and this year looks like it will be no exception!
I was hoping to have the uniform already but my ex-boss decided not to pay me so I have to wait til finances are sorted.
I did think I needed to do it soon though as DD is off to high school which means a blazer and I know of people who ordered theirs and are still waiting.

I always do these things last minute. Luckily for preschool Roxy doesn't need much. She'll need new shoes and a new coat for the fall along with a hat, scarf and gloves (several pairs because she always seems to lose them) and I might see if I can get her in for a haircut but that's it. I have until the beginning of September to get this done as she doesn't go back until after Labor Day.

I'll end up spending far more on myself when my classes start up in the fall, I have an $800 book bill looming ahead of me this semester, lol.

Sorry for hijacking , but really shoes? I can understand if Uniform is supposed to teach kids that you can't always wear what you want but shoes especially shoes hat cost 70pound? If they cost that much it kinda negates the other aim of not having to be under the pressure to get expensive clothes for kids doesnt it?

Thats for two pairs, there about £35 each and there clarks.

I learnt my lesson last year, bought some for a tenner, they were wrecked after 2days so i took them back and bought clarks.

The clarks lasted the whole school year with no probs. When it comes to school shoes i'd rather go for quality and comfort seeing as they wear them 5days a week for a bulk of the day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->