• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you still trying?

hollyw79

Reaction score
I am going to be starting the IUI process in January and I was curious if you ladies were still trying on your own to conceive by bd'ing the few days prior to ovulation given that sperm can survive up to 5 days? I haven't been given all of the information for the IUI yet .. we have our doctor appointment Thursday to do so...

I think I read somewhere my DH isn't supposed to do anything for the 2 days prior to the IUI.. but I wondered if you all were still trying on your own the few days before and after ovulation? Thanks! :thumbup:

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part... trying to be hopeful!

i dont know what iui is but im startin ivf in jan but we've been tryin still naturally... currently on my very last 2ww before IVF
Fingers crossed..testin xmas eve. I want this so badly.
good luck.
sorry i wasnt much help...xx

i dont know what iui is but im startin ivf in jan but we've been tryin still naturally... currently on my very last 2ww before IVF
Fingers crossed..testin xmas eve. I want this so badly.
good luck.
sorry i wasnt much help...xx

Hi Daisy !!!! :hi:

I'm with you, I'm still hopeful as well and praying we get a BFP before January!! I have wondered should we not try this cycle but then I thought well why not? :shrug: the whole point in TTC or IVF is to get pregnant right? SO I'm gonna keep trying too!!

We tried (and tried and tried) right up until starting treatment.
It always seemed like they were being a little sarcastic when they told us to use protection during all the tests and examinations though!

Good luck

Wow... I agree.. why NOT try? I figured it couldn't hurt... I just wasn't sure how that worked with the IUI process and whether you were advised it was okay or not. Are you serious Kim that they wanted you to use protection!?!??! 0_o WEIRD! I HATE that everything is up in the air for me right now... I haven't gotten the chance to actually speak with the doc- only the nurse- appointment Thursday!

Yep - when we were going for the investigation tests we were told to use protection, I thought 'seriously, do you know why we're here?'

we have stopped trying but for us the chance of falling pregnant naturally is virtually none and because when we are trying my af is always very late and i need it to be on time now to start our ivf x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->