Are your pants tight?

Skywalker

Reaction score
At 5-6 weeks, I went and bought maternity jeans. I understand the majority of the "bump" was bloating and water retention but it happened SO fast. I had been exercising up until becoming pregnant and had been losing weight, so it was a bit of a shock to suddenly be so bloated.

Now, I don't know how far along I am exactly, 7 weeks by lmp but I'll find out at my scan in 3 days, but I even just had to undo a notch on my belt right now. Seriously. The girl I bought my maternity jeans from, the one who helped me at the store, was 8 weeks along and you could not tell at all. Her stomach was as flat as a board. Makes me feel like there is something seriously wrong with me for having such a paunch so early!!!

Anyone else in the same position? I know it's not "baby" but it's because of baby so I feel like in a way my bump still counts but also in another way I feel a little ashamed/confused why I'm so big already. I drink tons of water and I do eat a lot but I eat mainly healthy fruits and veggies, nuts, whole foods, etc. Not even much sugar.

I look like I did when I was 6 months. Its all bloat but Im self conscious. I eat healthy too but lots of healthy food make gas. We are huge gas makers right now. :(

I look like I did when I was 6 months. Its all bloat but Im self conscious. I eat healthy too but lots of healthy food make gas. We are huge gas makers right now. :(

Lol, I'm totally right there with you! Definitely a gas maker :blush: Feel very self-conscious. Also in a weird way though, I used to worry about how I looked when I'm out in public and now I'm like, I don't even care lol. I know that I look pregnant and other people who are complete strangers to me in public probably think I'm farther along so they're not really who I'm self-conscious around. I'm self-conscious around friends, co-workers and my OH who know I'm really early. I sort of feel like one of them even thinks I'm trying to fake a bump, which is totally not the case. I couldn't suck this in if I tried but she looked at my bump and was like, "Five weeks is really early." (This was last week) I wanted to be like look! I have no idea why I'm this big but leave me alone! Lol

oh god yes! I had to go out the other night for dinner, and had jeans on with my tummy flattening underwear on, and I had to go home because my bloat got SOOO severe that I was cramping so bad! As soon as I got home and got out of the underwear and into my pjs, pain was gone. Thats what I get for drinking lemonade in tight pants! I have since bought friendlier to the bump undies for next time :p

OMG FINALLY SOMEONE WHO FEELS LIKE ME! I FEEL LIKE I AM 6 MONTHS PREGNANT! ALL I WEAR ARE YOGA PANTS AND V NECKS AND ALL U SEE IS THE ROUNDNESS. MY COUSINS SAY IM GOING TO BE HUGE CONSIDERING I AM STILL BLOATED AND I WILL BE TEN WEEKS SOON. I DONT WANT TO BUY MATERNITY CLOTHS I JUST KNOW I CANT WEAR A SMALL OR MEDIUM ANYMORE ITS EXTRA LARGES FOR ME :haha:

Seriously! For three weeks now I've been burping like mad and everything that enters the stomach just SITS there. Had pancakes earlier and I feel like they haven't moved down at ALL. The bloat is insane. Now, when I sit on the couch, I can feel the skin of my stomach with my underboob. Never felt that before in my life. Yoga and pajama pants for life!

I second the yoga pants comment. It's the only thing I've been wearing at home because they are so comfy. For the last week I've been running around with my pants unbuttoned because it's just so uncomfortable. I know it's not baby this early, but I'm caving and buying some maternity pants on Wednesday. Going shopping with my sis.

Oh my god! These posts made me laugh and feel so much better! I literally bought maternity pants the same week I had my ultrasound and I measured only 5 weeks :haha: Seriously, don't stand on ceremony girls! Buy the maternity pants! I have been SO much more comfortable ever since! I cramp if I wear anything tight around my waist and I put these on and almost cried happy tears from the comfort :thumbup:

I deffo need maternity but in holdin out for 12 week scan next Thurs :) then ive seen some really good leggings on ebay, ive planned the wardrobe its leggings a few maternity tshirt style tops, then its just big chunky cardigans for winter warmth :) so i wont be spending a packet :) cxxx

oh my god!
the bloating is killing me !!
Im only 5 weeks but for the past few days now.. I've had a huge belly bloat that's making me so uncomfortable..

I like wearing my jeans nice and snug.. so now with this bloat I have nice indentations on my belly and along my hips where the jean does up at the top, everytime I take them off! talk about feeling like a stuffed sausage...

im hoping it goes away? or doesnt it? *cries*

I'm massive because I have something called OHSS from my IVF.

I seriously look about 6 months, I'm barely 4 WEEKS!

I will have this bloat until the placenta takes over.

None of my clothes fit, it's mental!

I'm going to try and go back to work tomorrow. God knows what I'm going to wear.

I'm ok at home as I am just wearing leggings or pyjamas! It's my work trousers ( i wear a uniform) They were beginning to get a little snug anyway as I had put on a few pounds since I started the job a year ago, but now...wow it's not pretty! I've yet to tell my manager about pregnancy (will do this week) but I so hope theres a bigger size available NOW and they don't have to order it in!!

I didn't get much bloat with #2, but with my first and this one it's obvious! For me it usually starts getting better around 14-15 weeks, but until then so uncomfortable!

Also I had to LOL about the stomach to underboob comment! :haha:

Thank you for posting this! I feel exactly the same way. I went to a wedding on Saturday and felt like I needed nylons to cover the bloat but they killed! Yesterday went out of a bit in jeans, got in the car and undid my belt and top button. Walked around the grocery store like that! Luckily I work from home so I sit here in sweat pants all day. I feel HUGE already! lol

Yup... I'm wearing my size 8 under the bump jeans as my size 8 skinnies are now far too tight on my waistline. My under the bump jeans tho are sooooooooooo comfy!

My bloat went down a little bit so that's good but I still look ick :haha: its like not a bump but I think flab from the last time I was pregnant. And my maternity jeans are kinda stretched from last time :wacko:

This is how I knew I was pregnant last time, I bloated SO fast. I started out last pregnancy with the tummy sleeve and it was great but since I went from one pregnancy to the next I am going to go straight to maternity pants this time around! I don't return to work until about 6 weeks so I bet I will already feel like I am showing LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->