ARG sorry little rant

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

last weekend we were supposed to have had some friends to come and stay however with the snow they postponed and we offered boxing day as a potential day for them to come and stay.

All agreed (we have a 4 bed house) so spoke to MIL and OH and agreed that MIL would stay in the smaller room with the double bed and friends would have the king sized bed in the other room.

So i have been pacing myself to get and keep the house clean and get the rooms ready. MIL room all ready last night just had to make the bed and brush the floor when MIL calls at 10.30 pm to say she needs to go back to the other room as there is no wardrobe in the room she is in :(

Which means all the bits i wanted to do today to get the rest of the house MIL ready have to be done on top of finishing that room which still has piles of sheets and blankets on and i have had to wash and dry over night the sheets for the room so i can get the bed made.

I cant finish upstairs as i need to get the hoover upstairs and i cant carry it up the stairs myself anymore :( so the house will not be finished and MIL will think i cant cope :(

Its all very frustrating :(

I need to go and pick up another piece of fish from the supermarket as the packet i picked up only had 2 :( so going to try and get the floors mopped before i go so that there dry when i get back. Then all the sheets will have aired so i can get the bed made and finish the bathrooms. OH will call when he picks her up then i know i have just over an hour to make sure the last minute bits done :(

We have been up since 8am and out since 9am taking things out to the garage (tools etc) from when the husband has been finishing putting the floor down. He left at 10.30am to drive to his mums via Ikea as we now need to more bed side lights to get the room ready for our guests. I feel so sorry for husband hes been working long hours this week to have today off so that he can sleep in and make sure that we have all the christmas stuff done. Whilst stopping me doing anything i should not be doing and he ended up having another early start and lots of driving :(

Loopy

Looks like you could do with a hug :hugs: take it easy and don't get yourself stressed you can't do everything.

i know thanks.

Husband just called Ikea is shut so there going to be back sooner i called the supermarket to make sure they still had the fish and there sold out so i dont now need to go out.

Feel like a deflated ballon so going to have a cup of tea and some lunch :(

Yes a hug would be good!

ohh hun. my darling husband jsut annoced to me that hes doing a favor for work ( he works in organic delivery in their call centre and that hes delivering some stuff to customers on the way home except since its not actually on the way home he wants to pick me up and take me and DS with him as its pretty snowy where hes headed and he wants the weight in the car and also the support so i have to organize blankets and a shovel and food/water for the trip ( probably goin to be 2 hrs ) to go deliver someones Christmas meat, and i have DS's Godmother coming this afternoon so have to clear up in the kitchen caus DH didnt do the dishes last night even though he said he would and then theres the chance of DH's cousin and Grandad coming over after she picks him up from the airport as he flys in today from south africa, and its predicted to snow now ( not upset about that bit though ) tonight which could complicate it all

God, who do they think you are - superwoman? I have got to the point now where people take me as they find me and they don't like it they can bugger off! They should be greatful that you are putting them all up in the first place. I would've told MIL that there would be no changing sleeping arrangements as I had went to a lot of effort to get everything ready. I know exactly how you feel though as I hate the thought of people thinking I can't cope, but I'm sure they would rather see you healthy and maybe a little disorganised than in a show home and completely done in! Get the essentials done and put your feet up for half an hour before they get back! x

:hugs: :hugs2: :hugs:

Urmmm - it's your house right. If your MIL wants the other room so much let her move everything!!! You're 29 weeks pregnant for goodness sake. Everyone else should be doing stuff for YOU! So go and sit down with a cup of tea and chill - you really don't need the stress ... more :hugs:

thanks guys rooms all ready i managed to just just about everything done before they got here just had to make the bed and put some of the clothes away.

Husband is making dinner and after this i am going for a hot shower and an early night everything hurts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->