argh, i'm livid!

B

brookesmumma

so today i decided to take Brooke into town to pick up some more vests and things in the sales in mothercare.. so i went over to the clothes section and found a really nice top that i wanted but they didn't have the right size.. so i went over to one of the sales assistance that is one of my mums friends daughters.. and asked in they had the top in a 0-3 months (shes very small for her age, as she was premature) and she went and had a look and brought one over.. so i said thanks and went to walk away when she goes "wait, i thought your daughter was at least 5 months? arent you feeding her properly? is that whys shes so small?" so i then tell her that she was premature thats why shes small..and then she goes, "dont use that as an excuse, babies are only born prematurley when their mums do something wrong! so dont get up in my face when your daughters premature and your not feeding her properly!" and then she walked away! so i didnt buy the top and just walked out nearly in tears! :growlmad:

How can someone say something like that? Its just something that happens having a baby prematurely, its not my fault!

Argh, stupid cow.

And then to make it worse, someone from my old school came up to me in the street and basically asked me how i could love my daughter when she was so small and 'disfigured' when she was born?! I was so mad, I just ignored her and carried on walking!

People are so rude!

Dont think i'll be going back to town for a while now, and i didnt even manage to pick up Brookes nappys i just wanted to get home asap :growlmad::cry:

-rant over- sorry about that :flower:xx

OMG I am horrified that someone said that to you :growlmad::growlmad:

Unless people have been there themselves they have no clue what it is like having a prem baby and so many people think that the second your baby comes home from the hospital they are suddenly a 'standard' baby and they just don't get it.

Sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry you had those experiences :( Some people are incredibly rude and ignorant :hugs:

You should certainly complain to mother care in general, they provide preemie baby clothes so should have way more understanding as a company

That's shocking! I just told DH and he is gobsmacked - he said if you lived near us he'd be picking you up to take you back to Mothercare and going in with you to complain!! I hope you are going to complain.

I know how I felt when my doctor told me that Sophie's reflux was caused by the fact that I didn't do my job properly and didn't keep her inside me long enough to "finish her off properly" - he thought he was being funny but he wasn't! I blamed myself for long enough for Sophie's prematurity even though I know that there is nothing that I could have done to cause the pre eclampsia.

You need to register a complaint with Mothercare about this - that is a shocking attitude, that branch is seriously in need of customer service training.

I'd probably have punched the stupid cow.

:hug:

Ooo I meant to ask earlier but forgot, have you posted any pics of Brooke on here yet? if not pleeeeease do as we all love to oooo and awww over pics :D

I just cant believe that people are so ignorant out there, totally shocking!! I think I would have smacked her! terrible!!! Oh getting me mad thinking about it! Chin up and defo complain about her!!!!

Thats awful!

Totally off topic! But I am echoing the request for pictures! 22 weekers are sooooo rare and I would just LOVE to see her! There is a great sticky on the preemie board for introducing your VIP (very important preemies), I bet others would be over the moon to see her and also read your story. It sure would give a lot of hope to others!!!!

Congrats by the way! And welcome to BNB! :hugs:

Absolutely shocking. I can't get over the rudeness of some people! As others have said, definitely complain about her - stupid ignorant cow. Ignore her and post us some piccies of your beautiful daughter. xx

Ooo I meant to ask earlier but forgot, have you posted any pics of Brooke on here yet? if not pleeeeease do as we all love to oooo and awww over pics :D

I havent yet no, i but i'll put some one here as soon as i get a spare half hour! sorry about the delay aha! :flow:xx

That is terrible. I am shocked.

I am sure to get remarks like this once my LO comes out of the hospital as in general Japanese people are incredibly nosy and insensitive.

I was once told I should wear a scarf (in Spring, it was May) because my boobs would get cold and my LO wouldn`t want to breastfeed by a complete stranger in the street (who actually STOPPED me to look at my "mixed" baby and then comment about my boobs)- totally nuts.

Definitely register a complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"