ARGH! I'm so mad!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My son caught a cold but since he has asthma we have to be a little more careful. As before it went straight to his chest and we had to multidose him with inhalers. As it's easter I had to take him to OOH where a horrible GP said " the reason he has an asthmatic cough is because heach isn't well cared for and his asthma isn't managed!" to which I said excuse me and she repeat it!

I give him his inhalers every day, we have a clear well ventilated house. He eats well and drinks plenty clear fluids. I'm horrified. He goes to a respiratory nurse every 6 weeks and she is happy with him.

To make matters worse, she didn't check his oxygen levels and sent us away saying he has tonsillitis so now he's on antibiotics.

I got to the pharmacy and find out out I've got a doublw prescription for steroids in tablet form (hes 2!!!) and half prescription for antibiotics so will have to go back to get more on Tuesday. He's unable to breathe so how I'm going to get either into him I don't know. Clearly she wasn't interested in looking after him.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just fuming!

and now we are in the children's ward. Little guy struggling, on nebulisers every 3 hours and continuous oxygen. Secondary tonsillitis which requires no antibiotics ����

That is awful treatment, I'd be putting in a complaint! Hope your little man is on the mend soon, ive seen how quickly viruses, or even a change in the weather, can take hold in asthmatics (my husband and eldest 2 have it) so you'd think a gp had more sense 😡

That's dreadful!! Hope your little man is soon on the mend x

That’s absolutely awful ! Hope your little one is ok!

I’d be complaining next week c

Thank you.

Got him home tonight after lots of nebulisers and oxygen. Now just got to multidose until he can come off it. I'll be making a formal complaint about the GP after the holiday, got her name and the information written down so I don't forget any details. The pharmacist and consultant have both apologised on her behalf which is nice of them but isn't their job. They have been amazing and looked after him

Just playing devils advocate but could she have meant his asthma isn't well controlled by your GP surgery? Seems a very strange and presumptuous thing to say to a concerned parent! Unless your sitting having 50 fags or something!! Hope he is better soon

My brothers boy had asthma and it was always badly triggered by colds and flues. He ended up in hospital multiple times. Thankfully he has grown out of it but I know how stressful it can be. I hope your LO is better soon.

I know what you mean, and thats why I asked her again what she said thinking I just didn't understand. She was actually just a condescending, awful doctor. I took him there for his asthma and she didn't even bother to do the basic checks, if she had he would have been admitted straight away. I would have maybe accepted her rude comment had she checked him properly and given me a decent prescription but given the catalogue of errors she made I'm less forgiving.

He's doing much better, still on multidosing but starting to wean from that and he's managing to eat so all good signs. Thanks for the nice comments x

I hope he's feeling much better and I hope you've managed to put in a complaint :shock:

He's much better now thanks. I spoke with the lead GP at my practice who asked me to put my complaint in writing and he would sort it. he was horrified and got the practice manager involved too. I should get a response from the health board soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->