Argh, In a cloth nightmare!

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I dunno whether I can stick with it :cry:

I really want to but Edward is teething and has been for weeks. His nappies are all pooey ones, and it all stains. My nappies are a mess and I can't wash quick enough to keep up with him. I can't afford to buy enough more to keep him in full time cloth :cry:

I'm thinking it would be better to go to part time than give up completely but I wish I could keep full time :( xx

Our council only offers £25 back and I've already had it :(

Oh that's rubbish :(

Do you hand wash them? Maybe that'd be quicker if you don't already? Sorry if you do or if you can't hand wash cloth nappies :lol: Maybe I'll let you get advice from the professionals. Hope you can keep at it though I know you love it x

no shame in going part time hun, in regards to the stained nappies, asda do 2 cheap fleece throws for like £3, you could get a couple and cut them up to make liners to protect your nappies, if they get too stained then it was so cheap you can throw them out and start again?

I'm gonna do that I think. I could do with the sun coming back so I can sun them. Disposable liners are naff for stopping staining xx

honestly try the asda fleece then, 2 for £3 and they are big enough that even if you threw every single liner away after use I bet you could get a good 2 - 3 weeks worth out of them! think they do the fleece in cream, chocolate brown & red

Aw hun, really feel for you :hugs:

Poo is an issue with us at the moment, weve had to start early weaning, so have a combination of teething and vegetable poos!! :wacko:

I always use fleece liners that I made, although quite often, he does so much that it just goes everywhere anyway!

Ive also switched to using Bold 2 in 1 after reading many debates on the washing powder issue, before that I used fairy non bio, Ive really noticed the difference, the Bold seems to clean them much better, especially the stains.
Noah has major sensitive skin, but with an extra one or 2 rinses after the nappy wash, he's not had reaction to the new washing powder.

Sometimes Noah has a 'poo pattern' and I know when he's going to do it, so I make sure he's got one of the cheap naughty baby nappies on. Maybe you could add in a few more cheapies to your stash for emergencies and poo times. I dont think I could last without my cheapies, love them!

Yea i'd try making some fleece liners too as advised you can buy fleece covers and jsut cut them up. this should help absorb some of it and stop your nappies staining. Disposable liners are much better for harder weaned poos. There is no shame in using cloth part time if thats what you need to do thats what you need to do, cloth should be easy and not become a chore or you'll just end up hating it and probably give up all together. Do what you have to do :hugs:

The cheapies from 97kgallery are so cheap that you can get 9 for about 30 quid - which is what, 3 big boxes of disposables but will last you longer? That combined with fleece liners will help a lot I think.

I'm gonn do some cutting up tomorrow too Kate, as izzie is teething and some of my have stains! :(

I was in this place a few weeks ago :hugs: in fact we started using sposies again for some of the day because I couldnt handle the poo, stains and smells!
Its really settled down now though and his poos are nice and solid and just plop off, really easy (until the next phase lol). I knwo what you mean about the sun though.
Don't worry! It'll pass - just do whatever till then. He's still got loadsa time to come in cloth!

i put my insert over the top rather than in the pocket iykwim....that way the insert stains but the nappy doesnt...much cheaper to replace an insert!

I third the Fleece liners!
Cole has had some really horrible poos so i just cut out huge liners that catch the whole mess and i generally shower them of if it's nothing solid!

Part tiem is not a crime though, you have got to do what you feel is best for everyone sanity ;)

(ohh and with this awefull weather here in NZ i am using normal washing powder and sometimes even s dash of napisan in the washing machine!)

The cheapies from 97kgallery are so cheap that you can get 9 for about 30 quid - which is what, 3 big boxes of disposables but will last you longer? That combined with fleece liners will help a lot I think.

^^ WSS!

I bought a fleece blanket from Dunelm (£3.99) and it was huge! I've managed to get around 60 liners from it :haha: I've had to throw the odd few away as they've been stained beyond help and really not worth keeping lol, but they're a godsend!
I got my 9 pack of Ebay cheapies from 97k Gallerty today, and altho I havent used them yet (they're still drying!) I'm really impressed with how soft they are! They dont feel cheap in the slightest and I'm looking forward to trying them out. :thumbup:

And after all that, if you feel like giving up, go part time hun, every nappy saved is a bonus so dont beat yourself up over it, alot of parents are part time cloth, part time sposies, you're still gonna be doing something for the environment :hugs:

I got my fleece blanekts from the 99p shop! They were kids ones so I got ones with jungle animals, planes etc on!

No you cant see them in the nappy and yep, they get covered in poo but we are all suckers for a nice print LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->