Argh so confused and LO is suffering

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
LO is 8 months old and been on stage1 jars for 3 months, i do offer finger foods but he seems to play with them more than eat them.

I have tried offering stage 2 jars but he is just sick or gets so worked up about having to do some chewing i have actually had the neighbour "pop" round to check if we were ok???!!! I have had the nursery nurse (HV doesnt do home visits so sent the NN) visit and she says that he should really be able to take some stage 2 food as he has been on stage1 so long.

She suggested only giving him finger foods for a week to see how it goes and to encourage more chunks. This started yeaterday am (couldnt bare the thought over the weekend) he has porridge every morning i have then only offered finger foods and milk. I had to give in this pm and give him a stage 1 jar as he hasnt eaten anything apart from the 2 am porridges.

He either takes no notice of the finger foods or throws a hissy fit when i offer it to him, poor little thing is hungry which is why i gave in but should i try and stick to what the Nursery Nurse told me? She watched him with some cucumber and a rusk and said that he is developed enough to be able to eat those sorts of things but is just being lazy.

The screaming is really getting to me, OH and me hardly ever fight but have argued 3 times in 2 days so i really need some advice on what to do. I have asked for a call back from Nursery Nurse today but she was unavailable.

Anyone else having problems or can offer any advice??????

Sam x

luca is having a hard weaning process as well. even just touching the food with his hands makes him gag. he just seems uniterested in anything but a bottle. he gags everytime i put any food near him :cry: me and oh are brawling over it. he says just give him bottles. he doesnt want food yet! hes almost 8 mths old though!

My LO will not eat a stage 2 jar full stop!!! i thought at first was because lumps etc but no matter what flavour he will not eat it, he will eat Ellas Kitchen stage 2s and loves it (it does smell lovely though). Have you tried something which he loves, ie Cheese, most babies love cheese, i do pasta and cheese sauce with broccoli and its hugely lumpy but LO will scoff the lot, give it a whirl and see if he will eat. My LO has days whereby he will not eat and others were he wont stop, its swings and roundabouts, its worrying though when they wont eat, i would just follow him, find what he loves and work around that with textures etc.. good luck.

Hi hun, Poppy will eat finger foods but doesn't like stage 2 food. She doesn't like all finger foods though and won't eat toast unless it has been soaked in some sauce to make it soggy and won't eat rice cakes at all!! She does like things like asparagus and baby sweetcorn and now will eat a wider variety but in the beginning it was down to finding something she did like!! Yesterday she had spaghetti hoops as a one off (to see if she liked them - reduced salt) and she LOVED them - I soaked wholemeal toast in the sauce and then spoonfed some hoops to her (she only had a small amount) and she wolfed it down so I think it depends on whether she likes the "lumpy" food as to whether she'll eat it. So what I'm trying to say is don't despair and just keep trying different things, some days Poppy will eat loads and then the next day refuse what she ate the day before!!! Hope it all gets easier for you hun :hugs: I know it is soul destroying when they won't eat what you've made and you worry. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->