Argh time is running out and Idont know what to do!!

Cat

Reaction score
So were ment to be picking up new car at the weekend, and Iapplied for a loan to cover part of it with Northern Rock, cause the loan calculator showed an awsome repayment rate. However Wednesday today and the paperwork still hasnt come through, I just called then and sat on the pone on hold for 10 mins just to be told they cant tell me anything cause its not in my name (even though I filled out the application) but did tell me that the repayment is subject to change depending on what your credit score is, so we dont even know what the bloody repayments are going to be!!!!

Bugger this Iwant to find another loan company that will give me a good rate on a £3k loan over 5 years, anyone know who can do this at a good rate over the phone and give you the money quickly??

Intelligent Finance :D

Cat said:
So were ment to be picking up new car at the weekend, and Iapplied for a loan to cover part of it with Northern Rock, cause the loan calculator showed an awsome repayment rate. However Wednesday today and the paperwork still hasnt come through, I just called then and sat on the pone on hold for 10 mins just to be told they cant tell me anything cause its not in my name (even though I filled out the application) but did tell me that the repayment is subject to change depending on what your credit score is, so we dont even know what the bloody repayments are going to be!!!!

Bugger this Iwant to find another loan company that will give me a good rate on a £3k loan over 5 years, anyone know who can do this at a good rate over the phone and give you the money quickly??

I applied for a loan on the Tuesday and the paperwork came through on Saturday. The rate and repayments were fine - if you've got a good credit rating then it shouldn't change. If you go to www.moneysupermarket.com it gives you a credit rating based on the info that you provide :)

Where about is that Kina? An is there a charge?

:D

No charge, it's not like experian and doesn't leave a mark on your credit rating. It just gives a basic rating on the info you provide :)

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/loans/

Try www.egg.co.uk they are supposed to be very quick. Apparently you can have the money "Tomorrow" Call 08456 000 291. Their rate is 7.9%.

Also it may be worth trying whoever you bank with - They may offer a special rate depending on the type of account you have. Plus you don't need to go in with any ID as they have already seen it, so the application to loan time should be short.

Northan Rock have been great with us ... told them yesterday we wanted to release the funds to exchange tomorrow and there doing it today!!!

But HSBC are good too :D ....

Apparently if you earn over £25k and have a good credit rating Zopa do loans for 4.8% https://www.zopa.com/ZopaWeb/public/borrowing/loan-calculator.html

*EDIT* well so Martins Money Saving tips reckon, but they're charging 7.2% on £3k over 5 years :?

Right well Northern Rock have refused us a loan, our new house has a bad credit score, so we need to use credit company to prove its not us!
Which will all take to long. Thanks for your help ladies but I have just called my bank, and they have just approved me a loan, and can give me the money asap (even though I dont even have a job anymore) lol!

Really! What bank are you with?

Halifax, I have bbeen with them since I was about 12! they can see that I am still regularly paying money into my account so thats all they care about and I have always been excellent in staying in credit etc.

Can I ask - Of course you don't have to ask with your bank do you also have a CC & OD?

Wobbles said:
Can I ask - Of course you don't have to ask with your bank do you also have a CC & OD?

I have a £100 interest free over draft which I dont ever use. And a credit card which is on about £500 and Inever use it, Ijust make the repayments each month.

That sucks about NR!! They could have let you know earlier!!

Glad you got something sorted in the end though :)

yay that's great Cat! :D

go with ur bank it easier and most banks will give u the money within 20mins into ur bank account i work for halifax go to teh local branch or ring me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->