Argh when will my Daughter start school?

The OP is from england which means her LO will start the September after her 4th birthday x

Rivers birthday is in october so she will spend 2 years in pre school and start school a month before she is 6 ( i think)

In England, your child will start school the September after their 4th Birthday. So if they are 4 on the 30th August, they will start school about 3 days later! However, they will not be expected to go into school for the full day and will only do half days up until Christmas. Different schools have different policies as far as this is concerned so it's best to check with your local schools.

There are different rules in different countries, but that is how it works in England. The child will go into year R which is a lot more play than learning.

Rivers birthday is in october so she will spend 2 years in pre school and start school a month before she is 6 ( i think)

No, she will start the month before she is 5. She will be one of the oldest in her class though.

Yeah my daughter was 4 in June and she is half days until December.

My son is august baby and started just 2 weeks after his 4th birthday x

Here it is different in each province and it can differ in each school division. Our DD started Kindergarten this year. She turns 5 in November. The cut off to be 5 is February 28th. In some private schools in our area the cut off is September 30th or December 1st. I wanted to send our DD to a private school in the area but their cut off date was September 30th and she would have to wait another year to start. She was in Preschool for a year and a half two days a week before hand. Considering she is already reading and writing I thought waiting one more year would be silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->