Arghhh, i'm sick :(

maisiemoo

Reaction score
I'm really scared of passing it on to Olivia! she's BF so i really hope this going to help her, but in the meantime my partner has quarantined me and only brings her in for feeds. I'm gutted :nope: do you think this is excessive??

I dont think its excessive, if you can both manage like that just now, thats great, i'd do the same Often when ive been ill ive had no choice but to be around alex and its worrying (she has never picked up anything from me though!)

Hope youre feeling better soon. As for being ill the hospital told us that the breastmilk protects ur LO and that really unless its vomiting and/or diarrhoea ull be ok as long as u wash ur hands xx

Hope youre feeling better soon. As for being ill the hospital told us that the breastmilk protects ur LO and that really unless its vomiting and/or diarrhoea ull be ok as long as u wash ur hands xx

That's good to know - I just know that TOF babies can be plagued with chest infections once they start and since she's been given an almost 'all clear' for now, I would never forgive myself if she caught something. I've been applying hand sanitizer like a woman possessed!

But we've also got to remember that ours bubs needs to be exposed to some germs or they wont build up resistance. Im sure ur germs are better than a strangers in the doctors surgery for example. You must be going crazy keeping away from your LO, really really hope u get better soon. Remember plenty of fluids and try hot vimto or lemonade and Paracetamol to bring down that temp xxxx

I had tonsillitis twice in the past year and Abby never caught it. I also had a cold she never caught. I think the benefit of BFing is that as you are ill, the antibodies your body need to fight the illness are in your milk and so are passed directly to them.

It might be excessive, but as you say, you'd never forgive yourself.

BF really does protect them hun. My newborn twins were exposed to nasty colds from their older siblings. The older two were really poorly, but bubbas were barely sniffly. I was really worried tho hun, and they weren't preemies.

My second who was a 24wker caught a cold after 4 months at home, and it barely affected her, so try not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->