Arghhhhh ate cheesecake in Wagamamas!

Cattia

Reaction score
So I went out with my boss who doesn't know I'm pregnant and she ordered cheesecake. She asked me if I wanted to share it and I said no, then she kept going on and on about how nice it was and how I had to try a bit and because I really couldn't think of an excuse, I ate a mouthful. I feel really mad at myself now, what a stupid thing to do! It tasted kind of spongy like cake so I'm REALLY hoping it was baked, but it easily could not have been. I know the risk is small but listeria is so so serious, it causes still birth and you don't even necessarily have symptoms so you wouldn't know you had it. I am really stressing about this now and feel like I'm going to be worrying about it for the rest of my pregnancy :(

I'm sure you'll be fine x

If the cheesecake is baked, you'll be absolutely fine, if it wasn't, you'll still probably be fine x

https://www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/eating-out-during-pregnancy

I'm sure you'll be fine as it was only a mouthful. But you could email wagamamas and ask?

I didn't even know cheesecake was on the no no list, yikes! Ate it several times when preggers with my daughter. She is a healthy 11 month old now; I am sure all will be well!

I read somewhere, may have been on here, that you are no more likely to get listeria just because your pregnant. I'm sure you will be fine plenty of women have eaten things by accident when pregnant & have been ok xx

Is cheesecake different in the UK than it is in the US? I never heard of it being a no no here..

Thank you ladies. I'm trying to calm down a bit and be rational. I believe that most pre packaged cheesecake is baked but some fresh cheesecake in restaurants or homemade is just set and made with soft cheese which isn't cooked. I guess the risks are small, however I read when I was pregnant before that pregnant women are around twenty times more likely than the general population to contract Listeria and that's why we have to be so careful. I know the numbers are tiny and I wouldn't be so fussed if it was seafood or runny egg or something that I ate, it's just sort cheese is a more serious risk. I di think about contacting wagamamas but then I thought what am I going to do about it now anyway so is there any point?

As far as I know cheeses are only at risk if they are made with unpasteurized milk. And when I checked the cheese list it had things like Gouda and Gorgonzola on it, not the kind of cheeses that are made in cheesecake.

I've never heard of no cheesecake? But I'm a food rebel anyways... If I haven't been I'll off something during my 28yrs of life, I'm not gonna be now!

I'm a pastry chef and I can assure you that restaurants are not allowed to sell cheesecake that has a risk of listeria, restaurants have to use pasteurized eggs if they are not going to bake things and if they are baked then cheesecake is perfectly fine! The cream cheese is always pasteurized and the eggs have been thoroughly cooked. And I'm not just saying that, these are laws businesses don't want the risks of lawsuits because they served unsafe foods.

I've been eating chocolate chip cheesecake since I found out and my baby is kicking up a storm :)

Lol Cassie, I ate almost an entire strawberry cheesecake from Costco in a little over a week. Hehe.

Cassie thank you so much! You've really put my mind at rest Xx

No problem :) if you have questions about other foods feel free to pm me xox

I ate cheesecake in my last pregnancy and this one. Am hoping it's fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->