ArGhhHhH. Packing to take a baby abroad!! Help!!

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
So... We are going on Holiday on Thursday and im tearing my hair out & going grey over the packing already.

There is just so much & I dont think I can cut down on any thing, I have packed loads of her clothes... But im not sure its because I need them or im unsure of what to take. We are going to Majorca so the temp should be that similar to the UK in like June/July time? I was reading a weather review and that said its about 24 degrees at the moment. But obviously its not the summer season yet so I still have to take into concideration that it may rain & it will be chilly on a night... So ive packed a whole range of clothes. Perhaps too many... But then I think can you pack too many with a baby as things are just so unpredictable.So far Olivias things have almost taken up a whole suitcase. I have about 40 Nappies i have managed to fit in & a fair few swim nappies, is it worth actually using all this room up on Nappies... I hear they are expensive out there but are they just a tad more expensive than normal or are they silly price?

If any one has taken their LO away and has any advice on what to pack/what not to pack it would be very much appreciated as im just stressing and panicing about it now.

x

I went away to fuerteventura in march and I took enough nappies for the week for my 2 youngest....and I'm glad I did because the nappies were at least double the price :shock: I'm not sure about Majorca but I wouldnt overpack....little cotton dresses and a couple of sunhats because the suncream makes them yucky, and little babygros for night, a little cardigan in case its cooler for during the evening and sleevesless vests are good too.:)

are you taking a sterilser for the microwave? if so pack your bottles into it and make sure you bring calpol etc..

its not funny when babies dont even get an allowance :dohh:

i know it probs wont make much difference but could you not get one of those re-usable swim nappies?

Yeah I could do but i'd be mortified if she did a poo as I wouldnt know where to start handwashing them.

Any way... I think ive managed it, have all the important things packed any way so what ever ive forgot... if any thing im sure I could buy over there.

x

have a nice time :) wish I was going!

how many day's are you going for? 40 diapers would not last us more then 4 days because I change him atleast 10 times a day

10 times a day, blinkin heck!!!

I went to Florida when the little one was around 1 1/2 months. I panicked a bit like you didnt know what i needed. I wouldnt worry too much about whether it rains - if it does will you be taking the baba places where they may get wet?? As long as you have little cardies or something you can quickly cover up with then that shouldnt be a problem.

I doubt nappies would be that much more expensive over there so just put aside an extra bit of money just incase.

Let me know how it goes, cos im going on holiday with my little one again soon and will probably start panicking again, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->