Armed Forces Ladies

Marker

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Thought I'd start a little thread for all the Armed Forces ladies, cos there seem to be quite a few of us on here.

I write this while staring at the sea of camaflage gear filled up in the living room, awaiting another week on my own :cry:

Introduce yourselves, and moan away :D

I am Steph, OH is in the army and we are based in Donnington. IT isreally quiet around here, not alot formeorthe little one to do :(

Hi, I'm Rita, my OH is also in the army, we are based in Elmpt, Germany and although my husband is here at the moment he will be going away soon to prepare for Afghanistan

heya im tracie imarried the army.. living in ireland. Thankfully my hubby wont be doing another tour due to being deaf in one ear. and medical problems sorounding me,

married hubby over 2 years ago :) soon to be moving back over the midlands :)

Hi girls

sorry to intrude but can i ask a question. My OH wants to go into the army and it really is the best option for him and it has been his dream since he was little BUT i'm not sure i know i should let him follow his dreams but i just think i will miss him so much when he goes away

Is having a partner in the armed forces all bad or are there some positive sides??
xx

im not gunna lie i hate every single minuite of it iwish i stopped my oh while i had the chance.. but my fella is front line so im bound 2 say that lol. depends what he wants to do tbh. my fella is hardly ever home..

Hi girls, im Alana and OH are in the RAF. OH's got about 6 months before he goes away again but thankfully only for two months, im more worried about when i go back to work in Nov im due to get notice to go away n im dreading leaving my babies. Never mind should be the last time i have decided to leave after my 9yrs so just over 2 to go (i will miss it though)!!!!

Aiden's Mummy: I think it all depends on where you get based as to the positives, but its not all bad. I probs see it different because im in the forces so best take advice from one of the others!!!

my hubbys in the army - currently in afghanistan until end of march. we live in Sennelager, Germany

I enjoy it, I really wanted to join so my OH is sort of living his dreams through me, get jealous alot ofthe time thhough :D

Its a good life and you would be stupid not to make the most of it. Tours, exercises andcourses are hard, Iave yet another one looming round thecorner, but itdoes wonders foryour reationship. It either makes you or breaks you, waters get tested alot but I feell we have gotcloser, especially inthelast year.

Hi girls!

My hubby is in the navy, due to go away next week for 6 months! It's the longest we'll have been apart in the 5 years we've been together. Bad timing or what!

Hope you are all ok and OH's will be home safe with us soon.

Hi Ladies! May I join you?

My hubby is in the Navy. We are currently stationed in Japan. He is on shore duty, so won't be leaving for the first time in a while.

Hi im Donna my hubby's in the army we been married 4 years he's away at the moment on exercise we are based in Wales :hug:

I'm Nic and my OH is a pilot in the RAF. He's not going out to the sandpit until Christmas.

Aidan's_mummy - Its hard but there is some perks to being an army wife

hey im paula OH is in the army and we live in N.I. we have been together nearly 5 years and he has been unaccompanied for 3!! Cos we aren't married...nightmare but i can't go with him....other children settled here, etc.
He is going back to afghan in 4 weeks....was away 3 months at the end of my pregnancy and made it home 2 days before LO arrived,he does 3 months on, 3 months here at the minute...i hate it!!!! makes me sooooo sad.
you'll be sorry you started this thread.....ill be on it moaning allllllllllll the time :)
xx

hey im paula OH is in the army and we live in N.I. we have been together nearly 5 years and he has been unaccompanied for 3!! Cos we aren't married...nightmare but i can't go with him....other children settled here, etc.
He is going back to afghan in 4 weeks....was away 3 months at the end of my pregnancy and made it home 2 days before LO arrived,he does 3 months on, 3 months here at the minute...i hate it!!!! makes me sooooo sad.
you'll be sorry you started this thread.....ill be on it moaning allllllllllll the time :)
xx

Wow! Ireland? That sounds great! How do you like it? I am here in Japan. It's okay, but snowing. I'm originally from Florida, so I miss the sunny weather and beaches.

im mojo, been with hubby 6 years married 6 months, he's in the army and we live in catterick, not due a tour but he has just announced hes gonna ask to go to kosovo!!!! ask to go away!!!

Hi I'm Angela, my dh is in Intellegience in the RAF and we are currently posted to Germany. My dh had already served 13 years in the RAF when we got together so I don't know our relationship without it.

I can honestly say the hardest part was his 6 month tour in Afgan 6 weeks after we got married, and he has been away for alot of the time throughout our relationsip. But I love the lifestyle, would never of had many experiences otherwise eg living in Germany. I love him coming home from work and being happy from where he loves his job soo much. This is by far the best post he has had, and I probably would of given a different write up about the past 2 postings. The other good thing at the moment is we are getting the best health care possible with our mission for a little baby, much better then we could ever hope for out of the forces!

hello, my husband is in parachute regiment and were living in colchester and expecting our first child in sept. hes away in the faulklands at the moment till the 4th aug.

hello, my OH is in the army and is based in Hereford... We are trying for our 1st when he's around!!!

be great to chat to others in the same boat!

N x

Hey Fruity,

What ship is your OH on?

My hubby and I are both in the Navy, although I am due for release next week. My hubby is on the Ark and is away for another 6 weeks!

Nice to meet you ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->