Arrival of Isla Louise 47+ hours labour

m2bee

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here's my story...

Wednesday- went for an appointment with the consultant , he offered me a sweep but I said no as I wanted Isla to arrive when she was ready and the effectiveness of a sweep seems questionable.

Wed night- lots of braxton hicks and Isla was very active, so i had very little sleep.

Thurs- 8am started having contractions approx 15 mins apart.
- 4pm contractions getting painful and becoming more regular
- Up all night having contractions, I couldn't even sit or lie down because everytime I tried to I would have another contraction and have to stand up

Fri - Still upable to sit or lie down, lots of baths and paracetamol, began being sick with the pain. OH phoned the hospital but they said to ring back when contractions were 3-4 mins apart. By 9pm I was exhusted and really struggling with the pain and so went to the hospital. Isla was monitored and I was examined, I was 3.5 cm. I was sent home with codine and paracetamol and told that my waters were bulging and to come back in when my waters broke as my cervix was very stretched and thin and they expected it to progress quickly after that, the midwifes were placing bets as to how long it would be before I came back and they thought it would be within 2 hours. So we set off home, we had to stop on the way back so I could throw up with the pain. When I got home i got in the bath and the codine kicked in and it really helped. I got out of the bath and me OH went for a sleep, I was having micro sleeps stood up in between contractions.

Sat- By 4am my waters still hadnt broke and I was in extream pain so went back to hospital. They said I was 8cm dilated so I could stay on the labour ward. I got in the birthing pool, had more codine and gas and air, it was very relaxed with the ipod playing. About 10am I still hadnt progressed any further so they burst my waters, there was some meconium in my waters so I had to come out of the birthing pool unfortunatly and go to another room for closer monitoring, but they werent overly concerned as Isla seemed happy. Later on I had some pethadine. Later I was put on a drip to try and speed the labour up. Eventually I felt the urge to push, after 2 hours she still wasnt for coming out so they started talking about an assisted delivery , I asked to try for longer and as Isla was still happy they agreed to let me try for another half hour. Half an hour later I was still no further on so they decided on a ventouse delivery. I wish I had had some more pain relief before this as my pethadine had worn off, I wasnt using the gas and air as you cant inhale that push at the same time.

Eventually Isla Lousie was born back to back at 14.30, she was 6lb10.5.

Congrats! Boo to a back to back baby - I've had two and the third looks like playing the same trick on me! You got there in the end tho, well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->