Arrival of my baby boy (C-Section)

vac_uk

Reaction score
I thought I should write a quick birth story of the safe arrival of our baby boy.

I have previously had a c-section with my DD after FTP and OP position, I really longed for a VBAC - however it wasnt to be. Waited 14 days over my due date, but didnt go into labour so had no choice but to go for the c-section. On checking if favourable for sweep I never was, although cervix was soft, never dialated and always posterior.... dont know why I didnt go into labour, as I had went into labour with my DD... but it may have been due to his position, this time wasnt posterior but he was a little stuck only being a little engaged and had to be removed with forceps.

Anyway - I went into hospital on Friday 16/7/10, everything was promptly organised for the section. It was nice to be refreshed and prepared for it, rather than in the emergency senario being tired and shocked after trying to give natural birth ending in a section. So I would say the arranged section is definetly easier in that sense.

The operating team were realy good, made you feel relaxed, explained everything in detail etc. The spinal was very weird, it took almost immediate effect, u just feel like a tingling pings & needles type sensation over ur bottom half up to ur chest... u can feel things being moved, tugged and pulled but dont feel any pain. It was quite strange when baby was being pulled out, a lot different from the sensation when i had my daughter, I remember pulling when i had her but this time i felt really strong pulls and tugs, but it may have been because he was stuck causing it to be more difficult to get him out.

Anyway, our son was pulled out, and shown to us as soon as he let out a cry which was right away... he was then taken to be checked over and then given to my husband for a hold... then was put in a bed (cot) in our view whilst i was being stitched up. He lay looking at us with open eyes, he was so beautiful I just lay there saying isnt this AMAZING !!!

I was quite upset about not being able to have the vaginal birth but laying on the table seeing my baby boy changed all that, i was just so happy to have him arrive safe and well and I even thought to myself - id do that all again!

Afterwards I was taken to the ward and had monitoring which is standard to ensure everything is okay... which is a good job because the nurse looked at me shortly after being in the ward only to see i was loosing loads of blood. I lost 1200mls of blood in total so it was quite scary and i became quite weak. I also started to get shakes which is an after effect of the spinal... but it was horrible having all this happen at the same time as i didnt know what was going on... id never heard of taking the shakes or what it would be like to have all that blood loss especially since theres only meant to be a small chance of it happening!

I dont actually know the reason for the blood loss, think it may have been the womb not contracting in quick enough... they put me on the drip that would normally be used to induce you but that wasnt strong enough so they put in a supository (dont know how to spell that, the one that goes in ur bum) and that calmed everything down.
Because i was loosing the blood quite rapidly the nurses were constantly changing the pads under me so understandably my sides afterwards were really sore as they had to roll me onto my sides to remove and replace each pad. It was all quite scary but they dealt with it really well and remained calm and professional throughout.

After everything had calmed down i was monitored closely...then as i got better i was monitored less and put to a different ward. I wasnt able to get up out of bed all that evening because of everything that went on... so the next day when they encouraged me to get out of bed to go to the toilet (cathatar was removed in the morning) it was really painful and i really strauggled to make it but I did and movements got stronger throughout the day.

So cutting a long story short i went home on the sunday around tea time. So really hadnt spent too much time in hospital. If im honest i should have been in there longer, the drive home even was very fragile... but i just wanted home asap to be with my husband and daughter aswell as our newborn baby boy :)

Glad everything is all over now, the last 2 weeks waiting was horrible as it was a countdown to knowing id be sectioned but it wasnt that bad, and even though i had all the blood loss etc at the end if definetly do it again.

If anyone has any questions about having a c-section just ask xx

Congrats! I know how much you wanted the VBAC, but at least you now have your son safe in your arms.

congratulations on your little one- you've made me realise that I need to do my research on c-sections- it just hadnt occured to me that I might need one for whatever reason- and you sound like an absolute trooper going back home so soon afterwards!

congrats. we had our babies the same day!! how much did he weigh?

Sorry forgot to say his birth weight - he was 8lbs14...thats lovely our babies were born on the same date too :) x

https://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq240/2beautifulgirls_0207/congrats007.gif

Congrats hun - glad everything worked out well, despite you not getting your vbac. Bet your just glad he's here now, safe and well. Well done, hope you are healing nicely and enjoying baby xxxx

Just seen this :)

Congratulations again! I will get to meet him one day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"