• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Article about Risks of Home Births in the US

No, not defensive at all. Your post felt a bit bossy (thank you for clarifying your usage if "we" though) when I read it is all, hence my curt reply. I assure you, I've read widely. I'm trained well to observe and apply evidence based practice and critique research. I also believe that I am involved enough in the birthworker community enough that I would be aware of anything significant. As a mother though, and a mammal at the end if the day, I also look at what appears instinctive and sensible to me, all while being aware of what advances in maternity care are available, if needed. So, for me to take my general and specific background into account and still feel overwhelmingly that homebirth is the right choice for me speaks volumes (again, to me). That said, I will always advocate a woman choosing to birth where she feels safest for her and her having the opportunity to make an informed choice for herself in all matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->