As anybody had a heartscan

Jkelmum

Reaction score
:cry: I have been in hospital with SVT which is basically lots of palpaltations i had a 24 hr egc on and the heart doc didnt have time to see my results and as i was desperate to get home my baby doc was asked to have a look she said it was a mild form and i would be sent home (monday just gone) and could go to see heart and baby specailst 26th may so 8 days i thought that was ok so went home tday the hospital phoned and have asked me to come in tomorrow for a heart scan i dont know what to expect or even if there are any risks to my baby :cry: ...it looks like from what i have searched that they put the dye into me then scan my heart i was hopin it would be a ukltrasound ...sorry for rammberiling and if u have any clue what i am to expect or if there any risks to bubs plz can u help xxxxxxxxx

hey hun, yes i have had a untrasound done on my heart, it was very uncomfortable because they have to press on your breast to get good angles but it was ok otherwise, i didnt have any die put in me though

Lou
xxx

I am hoping its a ultrasound one ...just my brother is a nurse and thinks it would be a dye one and its the dye thats worrying me also how fast they have decided i need to be seen

Hi, I had svt when I was preg too. Had awful palpatations. Was in hospital for 3 days, they did bloods, 24 hour tape and scan. Couldnt find anything that was causing it and werent too worried. The scan I had was just a normal ultra sound. Didnt even have to take bra off. I really dont think theres any risk to baby.
Its so scarey I know, but with me just they put it all down to being pregnant, even though I still get palps now I think thats more too do with stress!
Good luck and try not to worry too much xx

i had a scan when i was pregnant, it was just an ultrasound, but like lollylou said, it was really uncomfortable. they just got me to take my top and bra off and lie down on my side. being a large chested lady they had to press quite hard to get a decent view, but it was over and done with dead quick! xx

I had an echocardoigram last week which was like an ultrasound on my heart. As others have said it was a bit uncomfy 'cos they had to dig around my ribs and asked me to lay in different positions to get a clearer look. I'm not big busted but I am bony lol. For this test I had to be naked from the waist upwards.

I also have had a CT of my brain a couple of weeks ago where they injected a dye into my arm to see certain things clearer (I'm guessing a CT with dye on the brain & heart would be similar). It was just like a normal injection in my arm, a sharp prick when the needle went in but no pain after that. It feels warm when the dye travels around your body. I had sore bruising on my arm a couple of days later.

They don't always inject the dye, some people have a drink, there was a woman next to me who had the drink and had to wait an hour after having the drink before she could have her scan. I was ok to go in for this test in my normal clothes but I would imagine you would prob wear a gown for a CT on your heart.

Thanks ladies it was a ultrasound heartscan and all looks ok seems SVT is brought on by pregnancy xxxxxx

I'm glad it went ok. I just had a stress echocardiogram this past Thursday. They did the u/s on my heart. put me on a treadmill until my heart rate got up to 167 and then did another one. They said structurally my heart is good and they aren't concerned. My palpitations are brought on by stress and caffeine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->