ASD

Jencocoa

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My almost 3-year-old son is diagnosed with autism. I am due an unexpected baby this April. He is very clingy to me. I am not sure how he's going to respond. Has anyone had a good experience with their young autistic child and a new baby coming into the house? I am also worried about how I will give him the time he needs and the time all his therapy takes, and the time for his research and recovery plus having the time for a newborn and of course then there's my oldest daughter. I just don't want any of my kids to suffer. :shrug:

My dauhter with autism, was five when her baby sister came along. She also has an older brother. No probs here! She is actually super helpful and caring!

No personal experience here, but all of my Mom friends in town here who have kiddos on the spectrum haven't had much issue when they had their second child. They were the same as Jasmak, very helpful and caring about the new baby!

Ds1 was fantastic when ds2 came along, it actually brought him out his shell a little xx

Jack was 6, almost 7 when Lana was born and he was very uninterested at first, then he became really protective just like a big brother does. Now they are 10 & 3 and they have a really good brother/sister relationship. The little bugger knows how to wind him up but he has always been very caring and living toward her, and in spite of all the rages etc he has only ever once shouted at her in anger,whereas the rest of us get it almost every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->