Asda £5 off Your £40 shop...

Mama_noni

Reaction score
....is a complete swizz,they make out you get £5 off a £40 shop but you have to spend £40 in the first place to get it off so in actual fact you need to spend £80 to get £5 off!! :shrug: Oh and if you spend £40 and get your £5 off they won't give you another £5 off voucher as you've only spent £35 after discount :dohh:...sainsburys and morrisons take the £5 off at the till on your 1st spend so think I'll be heading to one of those instead so I can actually save some money! Sorry, rant over!:flower:

Lots of places seem to be doing this £5 off £40 spend now. Tescos is doing the same thing too. I had an e-mail off them after doing a shop online this weekend. xxx

I was in asda on sunday and they gave me a £5 off a £40 shop which I thought was to compete with the same offer that tesco were doing. I got halfway through the T&C on the back and gave up! Their offer is misleading, think I will stick with tesco.

I'm bad for not reading the terms and conditions! I'm every shops dream, lol. xxx

have to say I am really happy with the asda money backs. every week we do our big shop there and enter our receipt details into the https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Home.aspx
and every week we are getting vouchers back for 2 or three pounds and at the moment we also get the £5 back.
we have saved over 200 during the last year doing this.:thumbup:

Personally i'd rather shop elsewhere. Oh and I used to order from ASDA to save money but it's been nothing but problems with them recently. I've found if I do a bit of browsing I can get my shop cheaper in tesco's anyway. The actual amount of products they can compare are very little.

Tesco have been doing the £5 off for ages we always use it, aswell as when they do the spend £60 get 5p off per ltr of petrol LOVE tesco lol

I guess if you do your big shop at Asda then it is a great little deal, because you can basically save a fiver each time. I ts where I usually shop for groceries

i dont think its a swizz, if you are spending over £40 anyway then its a wee bonus

i get them all the time and have never managed to use one yet :dohh:

It does say in the advert "spend £40 and we'll give you £5 off your next £40 pound shop" or something along those lines. The thing that annoys me is that it doesn't specify that you have to go online to obtain said voucher, the advert makes out like you get it there and then.

I work for asda and tbh it's a pain in the bum as you give out the leaflets and we get sooo many people coming in and trying to give us the leaflets thinking they can use that to get their £5 off. Then we have to explain that they have to go online to get their voucher and the instructions are on the back etc, some people can get really arsey about it. Honestly I don't know why we don't just give out vouchers like other supermarkets seem to do. Not everyone has computers or the time to do it in the first place and i get a lot of people telling me that when I try to give them a leaflet, can't wait for the promotion to be over tbh:haha:

i dont think it's a swizz, as we do our weekly shops at asda so always spend around 80 quid anyway!

If you dont have a computer you can give your receipt and details in to customer service and they do all the work for you with typing it in and printing it off.

I always explain that customer services can do this for them, but even then I get a lot of people saying they can't be or won't bother with it:shrug: oh well their loss I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->