Asda advert

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
The asda Christmas advert has received complaints through ofcom that it is sexist.
I was a bit surprised when I saw it and I honestly wondered what these people do all day for 1 to complain about an advert like that and 2 question why it is actually sexist
The advert shows a mum getting ready for Christmas and all the work she does. It's made to seem like she does a lot and a little manic. Christmas Day getting up early and doing all the food etc. dad us preset in the advert but isn't seen to be helping. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that happening across the country anyway? I'm not saying every household is like that but tbh majority of mums are like this every year. Also I'd like to add that the mum is not annoyed in the advert that she does it all. Flustered yes but not annoyed she's happy actually. Like she wants to do this for her family. Wants to give her family a nice day. Which mum doesn't? The end finishes with her sitting down at the end happy relaxing and looking at her family lovingly. It's finishes with behind Christmas there's a mum. I honestly thought it was lovely. Because without mum there wouldn't of been the lovely day they clearly had.
I also say this where my oh is a sahd.. If that were our household it wouldn't look like that. My oh is very good at these things. I was also raised a lot by just my dad. So I know that other side of the spectrum exists but the majority is the mum.

I just wondered if anyone thought it was wrong of asda to depict his advert?

I haven't seen it but doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with it to me :shrug: xx

I think people need to get out more if they are getting wound up about stereotyping on a flaming tv advert. really. who cares?

I have never cooked a Christmas dinner DH does it every year but i dint waste any time even thinking asda were wrong lol

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one on these thoughts.. When people complain about the most trivial things on telly I really do wonder what they have going on in geir lives! I once hear this woman moaning thr the table on the Bbc news channel was too shiny...:facepalm:

were eating out this yr and this is the reason why. because mams dont sit down. i like the advert. some people need to get a grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->