Asda 'Click and Collect'

J

Jade--x

I've been away on holiday for 2 weeks come back and needed to nip to Asda for the essentials and they're built a little like, I can only describe it as a roof really haha, saying 'Grocery Pick Up' and one of the girls on the checkout was telling me they've started a thing where you shop online and rather than waiting for delivery you can just go and pick it up from them.

I actually think it's a good idea, especially when you've got kids and don't want to drag them around shopping and don't want to wait in all day for delivery!

Has anyone else's Asda started doing it and has anyone used it yet?

I don't really get it tbh, it's like combining online and instore

If I go all the way to the shop I am as well choosing my own goods, it takes me an hour to travel to and fron dundee for any of our supermarkets so I be as well waiting in for delivery, don't they give you 2 hour slots with asda anyway? I'm not sure but if I shop online I get it from sainsburys which gives a 1 hour time slot so it takes less time for me to be in for that hour than it would to drive to store and collect

I think it sounds a pretty good idea too. I hate trawling down the aisles looking for specific stuff, I can never ever find the eco cleaning stuff, or kidney beans, or the batteries no matter how many times I go to the same supermarket and have to ask :rofl:. I suppose it is like combining online and in store but I would like that - I'd probably order the stuff that you don't want to choose yourself like drinks, tins of stuff, freezer food, then nip in for fresh fruit and veg I like to choose myself. It's just like having a helper really and it means you're not restricted to delivery times.

Our Asda have 2 hour time slots so I just choose a time that's convenient for me. But I don't drive so it works out cheaper than taxis and I can stay home and do other things I need to.

I think I'd be the same its not too far from me and I don't have a corner shop a I'm in a really new area, so I nip to Asda for milk and bread and end up spending £20-£30 a time on stuff I've seen on offer that I probably didn't need haha so would save me rather a lot I think, plus I don't go anywhere alone so I wouldn't be needing to depend on someone coming with me to go :) x

I order online or go in store, don't see the point of combining the two.

xx

I did it with some items from the asda baby sale, wanted to grab them whilst they were still in stock but didnt want to pay the delivery as Asda is a 5 min trip up the road.

Not sure I would do it again either tbh, they separated the orders into two packages - both with different tracking numbers. One turned up one day, the other turned up the following week despite being told they would be taken to my store the same day.

When I did eventually get them, the boxes were all bashed up and we thought we were missing items, namely a few blankets. It wasnt until we opened up the boxes to the Sangenic nappy disposal system we got that we found the blankets crammed in there, which was what was splitting the box open.

Not too impressed tbh, think we will just pay the delivery next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->