Asda Parent and Child Parking

J

Jade--x

So I just nipped to Asda with my LO after picking him up from nursery to get a few bits for tea, and parked in the 'overflow' part of the Parent parking round the side (which is further to walk than the usual parking bays round the front, but with a 3 door I need to extra space to get to the car seat) and noticed the sign infront said that if you park in the bays with a child under 12 you could face a £70 fine. It's a new sign, though there could have been an old one saying the same thing in it's place before I'm never usually so observant :haha:

Well anyway, as I came out I saw a guy in a hi-vis vest looking at parked cars in disabled bays for badges..Something I've never seen before in Asda! Just as I was walking to my car and it was in eyesight, a van with a builder pulled up next to my car, got out no baby. It took me about 10 minutes while to put my shopping/LO in the car and took the trolley back, just as I was pulling off, the builder was getting in his van and had a £70 fine slapped on his windscreen from the hi-vis guy :rofl:!

It's nice to see they're finally enforcing not parking in a baby space when you don't have a baby :happydance:

Anyone else's local Asda doing the same? (Should probably note that the hi-vis ticket guy had something on the back of it that wasn't Asda it was 3 letters that I've seen inspecting carparks in town before, though I can't remember what they are :shrug:)

:happydance: wahey, about time.

We have always had the signs at Asda though. I am not sure about private parking fine sthough and what the laws are around them. I'm sure theres something?

the laws are that you only have to pay what the land owner looses in profit. even if the tickets say £70 that its not actualyl a ticket but an invoice. if the hourly rate of a carpark is £0 then legally youdon't have to pay anything unfortunately.
if a car park is £1 an hour legally all you have to pay is £1. private parking enforcment companies have no rights in the court of law. the only legal enforcement agencies are the police and the council.

unfortunately if van man knows this then more than likely he wont pay it.

the laws are that you only have to pay what the land owner looses in profit. even if the tickets say £70 that its not actualyl a ticket but an invoice. if the hourly rate of a carpark is £0 then legally youdon't have to pay anything unfortunately.
if a car park is £1 an hour legally all you have to pay is £1. private parking enforcment companies have no rights in the court of law. the only legal enforcement agencies are the police and the council.

unfortunately if van man knows this then more than likely he wont pay it.

Aww that sucks! Though I didn't know that and would have probably just paid it if it was me, but even if they don't have to pay it, maybe the fact that they see someone putting them there will deter them from parking there. There's never any spaces in the baby bit, and there's always people without kids parked there and even police cars sometimes, I think anything they do to try and stop it is only a good thing :)

Anyone can park in p&c parking spaces,those private carpark tickets are not enforceable and many people just ignore them.

Damn I wish they had to pay them :brat:

i noticed this in sainburys last night.. but i doubt theyd have anyone check!

Also if the sign says 'fine' then that can mean the store actually getting into trouble..the only people that can 'fine' you are police/council wardens..

I always tell staff if I have seen someone without a child parking in a parent and child space, they shrug their shoulders and say its not our problem. I even approached a guy who was just sat in a car in a p&c space and he was so brazen even had the cheek to say he 'could've' been waiting for a child!!
I am so glad they are starting to take this seriously

And I am just gonna conveniently ignore what I have seen about them not having to pay the fine!!

I saw a couple of ladies in a van park in p&c this week they jumped out and I gave them a bit of a look and they just gave me evils as if to say they were more entitled to park there than I was. Funny thing was the car park was not even busy and there were plenty if other spaces

do you know what I wish they'd do??
Move the parking spaces away from the front of the shop! I couldnt give 2 hoots about being close to the shop I want space to open the car doors. I think it would stop people parking in them unnecessarily!

it really annoys me this! try getting 3 kids out of a car with no space! :dohh:

theres been times when there are no P&C spaces but u can see a van or a teenylittle sports car with only 2 seats & no carseats! winds me up!

I went a few weeks ago to local tesco and all the p&c spaces were full........quite a few sports cars in the spaces - a few 2 seaters. So I double parked. I feel like a prick doing that, but its better than having to chose between me getting out ok and LO getting out ok - and not bashing folks doors. I like going to costco as they have nice BIG spaces there. Why they cant just do that I do not know! The car parks are never 100% full other than xmas maybe, so why not just make bigger spaces. make more people happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->