Ashamed of how big my bump is

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks and have a huge bump! I had twins less than 2 years ago, this is my 4th child. I hate when people ask when I'm due and then see the shock in their eyes. I look 6-7 months. A least. I'm average size normally. I hate feeling this way, it's getting depressing

Sorry you are feeling down love. Your bump is perfect and beautiful no matter what. :hugs:

A lot of people have no idea how big a bump 'should' get. We all carry differently anyway, and bumps will often be bigger the more children you have.

Someone asked me how many days I had left when I was 6 months pregnant, and looked shocked when I said still about 100! I've had other people say how neat my bump is!

Your body just knows what to do. I try to look at it that if my bump is growing, my baby is also most likely growing :hugs:

I get this all the time too! People always seem very shocked when I say when I'm due as I'm quite big - bump is very sticky out too! They then go on to say that from the back, you won't guess I was pregnant! I was quite concerned and checked with my midwife who said I was bang on the right size and, yes, I was carrying all up front which could be why I was looking big, but I'm not overly big.

People have no idea what x weeks pregnant looks like as there is no stencil cut out for pregnancy. Don't be ashamed - your beautiful the way you are!

Everyone is different and there is no perfect size. You're beautiful as you are :hugs:

Ahh. That's rubbish that you feel like that :( but try not to worry, everyone is different! Where you've had kids before, you probably just stretch out a bit quicker! So long as baby is healthy and you feel OK in yourself, be proud of your bump!

I get the opposite but it still annoys me. I'm carrying quite small and people look surprised when I tell them I'm 21 weeks! I dislike being told I don't look pregnant! I feel like a total fraud when baby shopping surrounded by people with large bumps! But I'm trying to keep my head up and not worry. Baby was measuring completely average at my 20 week scan, so that's the most important thing!

Try to be proud of your bump, they're all beautiful not matter how big! I am so much bigger second time round, I'm only 16 weeks tomorrow and got told I look about 6 months! I know I'm bigger but I'm embracing it, I'm obviously pregnant and showing it off :)

I'm sorry you're feeling this way :hugs: all bumps come in different shapes and sizes, just like all the women carrying them and the people who come from them.

With my son I was huge and looked like I had devoured an entire continent by the end. I'm now 19w5d and don't look pregnant at all. Both have me feeling just as bad, but as long as my body and bump are doing what they should then I'm more than happy.

Ive had this the whole way through! people expecting me to say im due tomorrow when its been months away!

Smile and nod, it will all be worth it when baby comes :) and dont feel ashamed, be proud, yes the bump is big but hey your making a human, a life, your superwoman at the minute, whats there special power?

I don't understand why people think they can comment either way on your size. The majority would never comment on your normal size but as soon as you have a baby in there it's a free for all.
I had my Dh aunt rub my belly over the holidays (I'm def looking pg with this baby) and after the 2nd rub I had to inform her she was rubbing my intestines and organs, not the baby. I told her the baby was tiny and in my lower pelvic area. I then rubbed her belly and asked her if it was comfortable having me rub her lol. I've been a bit miserable the past month and couldn't control myself haha.
Try to ignore the those around you that don't know enough to keep their mouths closed. All bumps are beautifu!

I'm sorry people are being so rude :( I would get told when pregnant with my daughter how small my bump was. I never liked hearing it because I actually had hopes of getting big. Now I'm 26 weeks and still get told how small I am. It's like you're either too big or too small and it's so frustrating

Your bump is probably bigger because of your history with twins. That being said, if other people have bad things to say, you don't need to listen to them. Your bump is fine the way it is. If you have bad things to say to yourself, you should try to tell yourself that your bump is filled with this amazing thing: your child! If it's bigger, it's just more to love. <3

I've had the same. This is my second and if I get through a day at the office with less than 3 people commenting on my bump then it's a good day. 'Wow - you are big!'
'You weren't this big last time?!'
'You sure there's only one in there?!'
'You aren't due until May?!! Don't you mean Xmas?!'
Etc etc

So irritating! I am already struggling to fit into clothes I worth to full term last time!

What doesn't help is that my daughters nursery teacher is 6 weeks ahead of me, but it's her first, so her bump is only just starting to show. Que a lot of comparisons! You can't win though, she's jealous of my bump.

Ah well, soon enough we'll have beautiful babies to hold and it won't matter anymore.

I'm sure you look great :hugs: don't forget people are terrible at guessing how far along people are, I measured perfectly on date with my first and still got a lot of comments along the lines of no way you look ready to pop and you must have your dates wrong?!? just ignore them!

Not preg and have people asking me when im due... :dohh:

But when i was preg with DS, i gained weight all over so people didnt really ask. With DD1, i was all belly and even at 36wks, i didnt look almost 9mo!! With DD2, i did gain weight like DS and people didnt ask.

I hate that people assume and dont ask!

I had a friend tell me I must have put on 20lbs already. I haven't quite but it hurt my feelings. I look like I have a good sized bump and it's not the baby yet (though caused by it) and I'm very self conscious about it. I was 7 months with my son when I looked this big. My MIL has touched my "bump" twice now and it makes me feel so bad, it's just my fat stomach sticking out.

Aw I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. This is my first and I had a massive rant on here about how fed up of others comments I was. It made me really self conscious and like I was doing something wrong (like eating too much even though my weight was and is fine) My family constantly go on about how enormous I am, all the usual comments - sure it's not twins, you sure your edd is right, it'll be a 10 pounder. In fact they still say all those things but I just tell them that at 25 weeks I was measuring spot on, so infact, I am not big. But for some reason they still insist I am massive. It's so so flippin rude and it makes me angry when I see how upset some ladies get. Why can't people keep their rude comments to themselves?!

I'm almost 16 weeks and I look like I did at 5 or 6 months with my first. It's all to do with the fact that your muscles stretch more easily the second time, and in my case, I think it's becuase I had separated stomach muscles (diastasis recti) that was never corrected after my first.

Don't listen to anyone else, enjoy the bump and the fact that you look pregnant :)

I'm enjoying the fact that I can wear all the cute maternity clothes and they make my bump look adorable, despite not having gained any weight yet :happydance:

So this is my first, after two early m/c, and I've been told numerous times how huge I am. Over the holidays, my husbands family kept making remarks. I even overheard his aunt talking to my MIL about how big I was. On the one hand, it makes me extremely self conscious, especially since I'm not tiny to begin with, on the other hand, after our journey to get here, I'm loving how early I started showing. It doesn't bother me until people ask when I'm due, and are shocked when I say May. Oh well. A quick google search of "(# weeks) bump pictures" show how so many women differ in size. As long as dr isn't concerned, then I just try to smile and ignore the rudeness. I also don't think anyone does it to be mean or disrespectful.

Thank you ladies. I think it's mostly how I feel about it, and people aren't necessarily being rude. They do always say "are you sure it's just 1 this time??" My dr said I was measuring perfectly. I think it is in big part due to muscle damage from previous pregnancies and also I still had a little pooch after the twins and now it sticks out along with the uterus. I've started exercising and eating better now that I'm not so nauseous and it helps me feel better about myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->