Asherman's Syndrome???

TTC Again

Teensy bit pregnant again
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows anything about this or has been diagnosed? The more I read about it the more I think I may be affected.

After my son was born (following an uneventful pregnancy and vaginal delivery) the placenta was not delivered easliy. After 30 minutes my doctor started massaging my belly and wound up sticking her arm, elbow deep, inside of me to try to massage it out from the inside. She said it was getting to a critical stage and if it didn't come out in another minute I'd have to be rushed to surgery. Well, at the 11th hour it did come lose and came out. I couldn't see, but my husband said there was TONS of blood flowing out of me like a river. After that I recovered quite normally with no complications.

I never really gave it another thought. Until now...I've had 3 miscarriages in the last year. No explaination. I'm able to get pregnant quite easily and quickly, but can't seem to hold on to a pregnancy very long. I had no problem conceiving my son. I'm left wondering now if I have scarring in my uterus that is preventing my body from holding on to a pregnancy.

My RE thought this was a possibility, so I started reseraching. I am going to have an HSG done to see what's going on in my uterus, but can't do that until I'm on day 5-10 of a new cycle (still waiting for all HCG to be out of my system from the last MC and then to have a real AF). Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about Asherman's or has lived through it and can offer up any advice.

Thanks!

Sorry, i can't really offer too much help as i don't know much on the subject, when i was in having my daughter there was a girl on the ward who had a retained placenta and was getting prepped for surgery as i was coming out of my emergency c-section, chatting to her on the ward she had a time of it, never had to have the op but was in terrible pain for a few days after. i was allowed home before her, i did run into her about 6 months ago, i was in our town hall and applying for our dog licence and she was in with a new baby, registering it's birth, so she was able to go on and have another baby.

hopefully someone will come along with more advice, but for now, sorry for your losses and i hope you get the answers and support you need to grow your family.

T xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"