Asparagus

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
How do you cook it? :rofl:

Anyone have a good recipe?

we don't do anything fancy :lol: Just cook it in a wok with a bit of olive oil and garlic

That's what I was figuring. Thanks....how long do you cook it in the pan?

If we throw it on the grill we usually spray it with I Can't Believe its not Butter and put salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder on it, then wrap it on foil and put on grill, but I don't know how long G usually cooks it for..

I have sauted it in a skillet before with crushed red pepper and soy sauce....

also really yummy sauted with olive oil salt and pepper.

I love asparagus!

3-4 minutes, covered with a lid. Sometimes we sprinkle some parmesan cheese on once it's cooked and plated

Thanks I'll try that! I also have hollandaise sauce too maybe I can put a little of that on there as well. I've never cooked fresh veggis before :dohh: I always buy frozen. :blush:

But, I'm having all my in-laws over so I'm cooking a big meal.

3-4 minutes, covered with a lid. Sometimes we sprinkle some parmesan cheese on once it's cooked and plated

oh yuuuummmmm!!!! What's plated? :dohh: Sorry, I'm domestically challenged as my DH would say. :rofl: :rofl:

plated=on the plate :rofl: either on individual plates or a serving plate

I steam mine until it's tender, depends on the thickness of the spears, thicker ones take about 6 mins, fine asparagus about 3-4 mins.
I only put a little bit of black pepper on it...it needs to speak for itself, it's too lovely to be messed with :)

I steam mine too as above. Really good served with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce on it. But I'll have to wait a while before I have that now as I prefer runny yolks. The sacrifices we make he he!

Our favourite way to cook asparagus is to marinate it in a yummy oil-based salad dressing such as sundried tomato for a couple hours in the fridge and then grill it on the indoor grill (turning it a couple times) until desired tenderness is reached, about 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->