Aspen Lillian 04/14/08

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
After thinking I would never, ever have my baby I finally started to get spontaneous and random contractions Saturday evening after having a bit of a bloody show. After the crampy contractions got worse I went to the emergency to make sure they weren't something else and it seemed bleak... 1cm dilated and very mild contractions. The night was long and I had absolutely no sleep because the pain was intensifying. I had to go back to the emergency the next day at 2pm to get monitored again so I held off until then.

When we went back to the emergency I was getting contractions about every 5 minutes and they were semi-intense, lasting 30 seconds. The doctor told us he thought it was best we hit the road and go to the hospital because I might go into labour in the next few days. We left immediately and arrived at the hospital an hour later to find out we were 3cm dilated at 6pm.

We decided to do a bit of walking to get things moving but my contractions were so painful and frequent that I kept having to stop. We went back to our room and waited for the doctor. He came back in around 9pm and I was 6cm dilated. I decided to try to get a nap in but couldn't because I was in such intense back pain (Aspen was face-up so she was killing my back).

At 11pm the doc came back and I was 9cm dilated and progressing quickly. Almost immediately after he checked me my water broke and the contractions were coming about every 2 minutes, sometimes less, and they were incredibly intense. I just breathed through them, never making a sound.

Soon after that I had an intense urge to push during my contractions and had a difficult time trying to stop. The doctor checked me once more to find out I was 10cm and ready to go. It was a great environment... I was never told when to push or how long to push. I pushed whenever I felt the urge and it felt like an eternity. The pressure was horrendous but I felt more motivated when I felt her head coming out. Soon enough my beautiful princess arrived at a solid 8lbs 1.5 ounces 22 inches long! What an amazing feeling... I can't even explain! She was definitely a big girl.. she gave me a little bit of a tear and I've got 7 stitches.

Overall I was in labour for about 28 hours but once I got past the first phase the rest seemed to go so quickly. I had no pain relief and sometimes found it a bit hard to cope but I just breathed through everything. Good thing I read all those books about labour or I would've been lost. My DH was incredible support the entire time. The staff was amazed at how well I took the pain.. smiling between pushes and saying "Thank You" every time someone said I was doing well. It was an amazing labour but difficult to say the least. I'm so happy to be home today with my little Aspie.

On the car-ride back home
https://photos-651.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/19/13/509224651/n509224651_490663_6984.jpg

https://photos-651.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/19/13/509224651/n509224651_490665_7600.jpg

First family photo
https://photos-651.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/19/13/509224651/n509224651_490662_6625.jpg

wow you did well girly. congrats and i love the pics she is gorgeous. nice family pic you dont even look like you went trhough 28 hours labour you look great i looked horendous :rofl: well done hun. x:hug:

Awwwww wow, well done Goldlion, you did it!!

Sounds like you had an amazing exprience, you done great!!

Little baby Aspen is absolutely perfect, she's amazing.. :hugs:

She's lovely :) You did well Goldlion, hope I can stay as calm as you when the time comes! xXx

congratulations:) you did a fabulous job and a beautiful little girl :)

She's beautiful! Well done you for getting through it with no pain relief too!

Ahhh - she's gorgeous. Congratulations and well done for getting through 28 hours of labour without any pain relief!!

:cloud9:

xx

COngratulations! What a beautiful little girl! You look so proud and so you should be!

Congratulations, sounds like you had such a wonderful labor!!!

Your new little girl is sooo beautiful!

amazing story hun thanks for sharing congrats on your beautiful baby girl

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! Makes it all worth it!! :hugs:

My God no pain relief? Woman you need a medal!!!

congratulations
She is absolutely beautiful...:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"