Aspergers/Autism

Bellylicious

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How do they test for Austism/Aspergers? My 12 year old daughter started high school and we got a call saying they think she has Aspergers and we should get her tested.

Shes always been different and she could read at the age 2 or under. Shes always been over emotional and had many quirks. She always spoke very articulate well above her age but would never answer questions. She does now tho. never used to give eye contact but does now. Would always go off into trances. Used to get her I and You confused. She talks and talks about her favorite subjects non stop even when its not apropriate. Sensative to noise. Has trouble with peers. Many many more things but I wont go into that now.

Please help with any info. I would love to get to the bottom of this so she can get the help she deserves finally. The school said they would get funding so she could get help at school. I could never understand why her primary school teachers never said or picked up anything. I always thought she was just different or it was all in my head.

I know there are many topics about this in the forum and Im slowly going through them.

Thank you

Forgot to mention she did some test at school and it came up she was highly intellegent for her age which left them puzzled as she couldnt get herself organised and seemed alouf when they speak to her....

Hi i ave a 6 year old son with autism, and he got diagnosed at 3 basically, youll get asked ALOT of questions to start with about your daughters personality what she does, how she plays, how she interacts with people and children, a whole lot, and a sort of provisional diagnosis is made and they will usually need to be alone with the child and do a number of activitys which to you might seem strange but they know by her reactions whether shes got signs of autism/asperges and will make a diagnosis. If she has asperges then that is why her junior school may not have picked it up as it mainly detectable after 7 years of age whereas autism is alot more prominent and easier to detect. But it is defianatly an important thing to get done, because after she is assesd and given a diagnosis, her life will be much easier as you and the school will be able to understand her alot more and my son was at mainstream when he got diagnosed, the school got funding just for him and got training, even i got some training paid for by the school!! good luck anyway and hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you!x

Hi i ave a 6 year old son with autism, and he got diagnosed at 3 basically, youll get asked ALOT of questions to start with about your daughters personality what she does, how she plays, how she interacts with people and children, a whole lot, and a sort of provisional diagnosis is made and they will usually need to be alone with the child and do a number of activitys which to you might seem strange but they know by her reactions whether shes got signs of autism/asperges and will make a diagnosis. If she has asperges then that is why her junior school may not have picked it up as it mainly detectable after 7 years of age whereas autism is alot more prominent and easier to detect. But it is defianatly an important thing to get done, because after she is assesd and given a diagnosis, her life will be much easier as you and the school will be able to understand her alot more and my son was at mainstream when he got diagnosed, the school got funding just for him and got training, even i got some training paid for by the school!! good luck anyway and hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you!x

Thank you so much, your post has put my mind at ease a bit. Im making a doctors apointment this week

I have worked with a lot of children with autism and aspergers so if you have any questions just ask xx

https://wrongplanet.net

It's a site run by and populated with people on the spectrum and their families; a very rich source of info & support. :)

My son has Hyperlexia which explains his ability to read so young. He does struggle socially however x good luck x

Wrongplanet is a great site indeed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->