Aspirin?

vickyandchick

Mum of boys
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just popping in from 2nd tri with a quick question.

I've been diagnosed with risk factors that could possibly lead to pre-eclampsia and have been prescribed 75mg of aspirin.

So I was just wondering if any of you ladies have taken aspirin from early on and what were your experiences with it? I've tried reading up on it but don't won't to try Dr Google as I always end up terrified:blush::haha:

Yeah google can be so evil:haha:

I took low dose aspirin with both my girls because I have a Protein C deficiency (my blood tends to coagulate a little too much/too fast). I stopped at 38 weeks, because I was too paranoid to stop early:blush: Everything was fine; no increased bleeding or anything :)

I took low dose aspirin with both my girls because I have a Protein C deficiency (my blood tends to coagulate a little too much/too fast). I stopped at 38 weeks, because I was too paranoid to stop early:blush: Everything was fine; no increased bleeding or anything :)

Thank you:flower: had heard of aspirin causing low birth weight and possible haemorrhaging if taken till too late so I thought I'd see what everyone's experiences were.

Thank you:flower: had heard of aspirin causing low birth weight and possible haemorrhaging if taken till too late so I thought I'd see what everyone's experiences were.

DD1 was 6lbs 2oz and DD2 was 6lbs 14 oz but they were both born 10-11 days early and I'm a tiny 5'3'' and 97lbs so kinda saw that one coming:haha:

I took aspirin with my daughter. She was born at nine and a half pounds. Soooo no problem there with low birth weight. :)

I took aspirin with my daughter. She was born at nine and a half pounds. Soooo no problem there with low birth weight. :)

Oooh wow, thank you for your reply :D

Also your daughter's name is the name we have planned if we're having a little girl :flower:

I was on asprin from 6 weeks till delivery as i had pre eclampsia in my first pregnancy, but dispite the asprin i got it again, my little boy was just over 4 weeks early and was 4lb 9oz x

I was prescibed asprin at around 28 weeks but didn't develop pre-e with my second pregnancy. Baby weighed 8lb 6oz.

I took asprin from 6 weeks as u have a blood clotting problem. My dd was born 9 days early a little smaller than expected at 6lb 2oz. Had never heard that asprin causes low birth weight! I must resist googling it!

I took asprin from 6 weeks as u have a blood clotting problem. My dd was born 9 days early a little smaller than expected at 6lb 2oz. Had never heard that asprin causes low birth weight! I must resist googling it!

Haha Dr Google is an evil sod, I refuse to Google anything anymore!

I took it til 36 weeks (I think) due to a history of recurrent miscarriages. No problems with it at all x

I took it with dd#2, she was born 7 lbs 9 oz, because of pre clampsia in my first pregnancy. This pregnancy I've been prescribed it as well and will take it from 13 weeks to about 34 weeks.

I've been taking 75mg aspirin from 12 weeks pregnant due to a raised BP and increased risk if PreE. I've not had any side effects and baby seems to growing well :) if anything midwife thinks he's a little on the larger side x

I had sudden pre-eclampsia with my first and ended up having to have her at 30 weeks. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant with our second and started taking aspirin at 13 weeks just to try anything to reduce the chances of getting it again. My Dr says it's not really proven to prevent pre-e but it can't hurt. I also bought a blood pressure monitor for home so I can take my own bp anytime I get worried. Last time I had no idea and woke up with blurry vision - had my dd 2 days later. So this time we're trying to be preventative and if we notice signs of increased bp early, we can at least get me on some meds or something before it gets out of hand.

I took aspirin due to APS (blood clotting disorder) with my last pregnancy daily from 4 weeks up until the day I was in labour and I was fine! No bleeding, no problems and I had a healthy boy weighing 7lb14oz! I'm also taking it with this pregnancy and will do until delivery. Hope that helps x

I had 75mg aspirin from the day after I got my bfp till last day of pregnancy, after having HELLP syndrome (related to pre-e) in my first pregnancy. I had a bit of bleeding and cramps at 6 weeks but everything was fine (scary waiting 2 weeks for scans to confirm ok). I know a bit of unexplained bleeding can be common so don't know if there's any connection. DS was born at 39 weeks and was 7lb 1oz which is a good weight as both hubby and I are slightly smaller than average people. I had no HELLP or pre-e the second time.

I had sudden pre-eclampsia with my first and ended up having to have her at 30 weeks. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant with our second and started taking aspirin at 13 weeks just to try anything to reduce the chances of getting it again. My Dr says it's not really proven to prevent pre-e but it can't hurt. I also bought a blood pressure monitor for home so I can take my own bp anytime I get worried. Last time I had no idea and woke up with blurry vision - had my dd 2 days later. So this time we're trying to be preventative and if we notice signs of increased bp early, we can at least get me on some meds or something before it gets out of hand.

Ask your doctor to calibrate your bp monitor with the one at his office for most accurate results. I'd also check bp daily to be aware of your normal level and spot anything early. I had a check up on the friday and as usual my bp was normal, on the monday I was in hospital witg sky high bp and full blown HELLP. I don't wish to scare you, I just always think it's better to say as I'd hate for someone to not get help early enough.

I took aspirin because i lost my previous baby jacob at 20 weeks due to placental failure. I took it from conception to birth with Charlie and he was born 7lb 11 and perfect :) I basically took it to thin the blood going through the placenta to avoid clots etc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->