At 12 weeks will it be just a guess?

DannaD

Reaction score
I'm very, very stressed about finding out the gender. I was getting ready to find out week 20, but a lot of our friends asked at their 12 weeks scan and got the right sex right away. OH is very excited and wants to ask the doctor. Basically, at 12 weeks, if the doc says boy, is it almost sure it's a boy? If he can't tell, is there more chance it's a girl? I know I'll suffer from GD if it's not the sex I want, but if there's a lot of chance doc will get it wrong, it's another kind of torture to have false hope or false hapiness.

Thanks ladies :(

I think it's all guess work at 12 weeks as gender isn't formed properly yet. I might b wrong but I've come to understand the 'nub' is the genitals forming and thats Wat some ppl guess on the direction of the nub. Genitals can be seen as early as 16 weeks but not 12

We had our scan at 13 weeks and were told 90% sure that it was a boy. This was confirmed at the 20 week. I was really hoping for a girl (swayed) so finding out this information at 13 weeks has allowed me lots of time now to get really excited about having our second little boy.

I hope all goes well. xo

I know of 2people that got gender correct at 12 weeks. One was a boy and one was a girl.

My friend who asked at 12 weeks asked about the nub thing and the sonographer said its all true but you can't tell from pics as its just a snapshot but she would be able to tell herself. She fully explained what she was seeing and told them it was a girl. 20 week scan confirmed girl!!

I am sure there are mistakes as there are some mistakes at 20 weeks so I wouldnt take anything as concrete even at 20 week scan! It is what it is when it pops out x

Thank you ladies!
Scan today said 75% girl.. So I'm carefully very happy. Wish it was more than 75% though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->