At 37 weeks and dilated at a one!

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad but lately my son has been kicking like crazy in there and it kills when he starts pushing down will I stay at a one or keep dilating?

Its a good thing..but it doesnt mean you'll go into labor right away or anytime soon...my doctor got me excited.. At 37 weeks i was dilated between 1 and 1.5 depending on which doctor that checked me and my doctor told me i could have my baby any day now...and here i am a week later still dilated at 1 and patiently waiting to keep on dilating!

You could stay at one or keep dilating its really hard to predict those things. With my dd I was like you at a one and I didn't dilate anymore till I went into labor at 39+3. Good luck though :) you girls are almost there!

Yeah, you never know how fast it will go. I was at a 2 or a 3 for about a month and I went in to be induced when I was overdue and I was at 4cm and still didn't go into labor on my own.

They are stripping my membranes next week so hopefully that will speed up the process

Yeah. It's really hard to predict. Some people walk around for weeks at 4 and 5 cms dilated and some people go into active labor hours after being checked and completely shut and firm. I was 1/2 cm at 37 weeks on the dot this time. I don't feel contractions or anything, but it could always happen suddenly. With my first, I was 2 cms at 37w6d and was 3 cms when I started labor 5-6 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->