At a loss and need a little advice/support.

bethx

Carla bear :)
Reaction score
Hi, I just don't know what to do anymore and its really getting me down.

I'm just over 16 stone and i need to lose weight approximately 6 stone.

I've tried so many diets but i have no will power and finally the other week i picked up a diet book that looked so promising. I've been on this diet almost a week and i feel its suffocating me. I'm so angry with myself for getting to be this big ( 2 years ago i was a size 10 !!!! now i barely squeeze into size 18 - 20 clothes!) I'm also angry at myself because with the diet i'm on i've had to sacrifice so much like fruit, some veg, tea, coffee, pasta, bread , potatoes the list is endless all carbs which is bloody everything!

I keep getting sugar cravings but for things i wouldn't normally eat and i think its because someone ( the book ) has told me i can't have it.

I'm allowed cream and cheese thou which dosent make sense :S

So after being on this diet a week i have lost nothing and all my measurement are the same.

I have struggled throughout this week and for what nothing!

I need a diet i can stick to or maby a way of eating that i dont have to sacrafice so much. I like fruit and salad ect so i will enjoy the diet so much more.

I just need advice i feel real cheated by these diets and i didnt think it would upset me so much.

Any advice would be so needed right now :(

thanks xx

have you thought about the new weight watchers program??

no food is forbidden; it you stick to it , it does work so it does need a little motivation ad pre planning

you can sign up and do it on line, perhaps weigh in with a freind or family member

your low carb, high fat and prtein sounds like an atkins type of diet; it isn't good for your health overall.

could you speak to your GP or practice nurse about some support??

good luck & :hugs:
x

Hey, I think that a sensible, healthy eating plan is the way forward - something that you can stick to without feeling that you are depriving yourself. I was heavier than you and lost 5 stone and then got preg - so now losing it again (put on 3 stone and a little while preg). Don't beat yourself up about it, it won't help!

I started doing Rosemary Conley and I am now a RC Diet and Fitness Advisor. Feel free to PM me xx

Hiya

I was size 8-10 before having my girls, was very tight 18 maternity after my second in total needed to lose 7-8st.

Alot of 'diets' dont work ones that claim to be fabulous, usually to good to be true, long term.

Have tried using myfitnesspal? All need do is cut out all bad or cut down, swap white carbs for wholemeal, drink more water, cut out fizzy drinks (slowly it it helps you) add bit exercise in.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone i got the myfitnesspal on my phone couple of months back but never really used it. ill start using that hope fully it wont take me long. how long did it take for you ladies to drop the weight ? xx

Hi hun, I've lost just over a stone in less than 6 weeks.
I signed up to myfitnesspal on May 15th I think. I was 17st 3lbs.
Yesterday I weighed in at 16st 2lbs.

All I'm doing is following the calorie counter on MFP, substituting White for wholemeal and eating less sugars and carbs (but still allowing some to curb the cravings). I've got a long way to go but it's working so far!

Hth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->