• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At a loss with sons sleep

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My son turned 2 in August and used to be a dream sleeper now not so much! I thought he was getting ready to drop his nap but things have just gone belly up! He used to sleep 7-8 the nap from 1-3. Recently he was just messing about in the afternoon instead of sleeping then eventually dropping off so I thought time to stop the nap. However since then he's been falling asleep in the car at half 4/5 when I pick my husband up so doesn't sleep at night till 9pm. So in the morning he's shattered but awake and his behaviour is shocking.

anyone have advice? my daughter dropped her nap this age easy but this is a nightmare

No advice but I'm here..my dd is also 2 and she still naps but wakes frequently at night. I know you can't not pick your husband up but can you drive around at 1 and see if he falls asleep in the car?? I wouldn't wish over tired past my bedtime but I don't want to sleep toddler behavior on anyone.

We're in the same boat at the mo. Dd just turned 2. Hasn't napped for a few weeks. She's falling asleep in her tea at 5 ish but comes round and makes it til about quarter to 7. But She is still waking up most mornings about 4/5 ish. She did have a late nap the other day then didn't go to sleep til nearly 9. No idea what to do or when this phase will be over but here with you!

My two year old is the same and my DS1 went through the same thing at the same age, it’s a normal dropping nap transition. It might sound harsh but I would tell you OH to catch the bus home rather than go and pick him up. I 100% avoid driving my DS2 anywhere at that time of day at the moment as he will fall asleep too and that messes with his night sleep, meaning he doesn’t sleep long enough at night and behaves appallingly the next day. He rarely naps now, but if he does it has to have finished before about 2pm or I make him stay up all day. I’m 31 weeks pregnant so I just can’t cope with my 2 year old up until 9pm at the moment.

I think I'm going to have to me mean to hubby and go with that option. Even my 4 year old is falling asleep in the car at that time although only briefly. My son is acting up so much just now with being so tired and I really can't cope with it anymore. He just whinges and moans all day too which is annoying. Sorry everyone else is going through it too x

Well 2 days of no nap resulted in my son falling asleep at tea time and I couldn't wake him up again. I left him downstairs untill his usual bedtime, changed his bum, done teeth etc and out him to bed. Checked on him when I went to bed. 3am I found him wide awake playing on the floor with all his toys. He didn't go back to sleep till 5am. Both days this happened about the same time. He woke my daughter up with the noise which isn't great for her going to nursery. Today he was up at 7am and is yawning his head all already at 9:30 so thinking he is going for a nap today! Totally frustrated with what to do now ��

Dd been up since 4.30 this morning tho in her cot til half 8. Has actually had a nap today as been extra worn out having her cousins round to play this morning. Going to wake her up in a min.

I'm having the same trouble. Dd is nearer 3 and since going Into a bed it's been hard!!! She won't settle unless we lay with her on her bed then she comes into our bed early hours. I'm heavily pregnant and unfortunately not getting out to have any sort of fun. Feel as though this is definitely contributing to our problems. I wish I had advice. Just sending sympathy really as it eats into your adult time and we no longer get to see eachother or have a conversation x

Getting toddlers to do anything you want them to do is mission impossible. It's hard to know what to do. It could be he's over stimulated and not able to fall or stay asleep cause his head is too full. I take comfort in knowing all kids go through this phase. I used to bring an air mattress to the living room and camp out. Wed turn on a cartoon and lay down on the mattress I'd sneak some zzzzs and she'd eventually fall back to sleep. It's hard with two kids though. I'm sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->