At a loss...

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
I'm having serious issues here. I have no idea what to do now. We had everything under control finally with the colic and gas and this week it started all going out the window. I don't know how to cope anymore. Every day it's getting worse the gas just NEVER ends. We get her to sleep and within minutes she is totally awake again screaming. OH and I have barely gotten any sleep in the last 7 days and it's taking it's toll I don't even feel like I can make a rational decision anymore. And she hasn't had more that a hour of naps a day.

We are putting infacol in her bottles, I have been using gripe water. And I even tried some infant tylenol last night just in case it was teething pain. We've also tried warm baths to loosen it and tummy massage and pushing her knees up to her belly.

Please someone tell me what to do, I am so lost with it. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm going to try and get in to see the doctor on monday but right now I dread even giving her anything to eat because of the screaming that it seems to cause.

is she on formula? maybe if you changed formulas it would help with the gas? or if you are breastfeeding did you eat something different? Sorry i can't be more of a help

Yes i was going to ask the same as angypangy , is she formula fed?

we are currently doing both boobie and formula. I couldn't think of anything that had changed which is a huge part of my frustration I think.

BUT... I may have it figured. We are rural acerage so we are on a well. The last few days (this all stated monday) we have had rain. The well water is already high sulpher content my mom and OH just pointed out that because of the rain our water is wonky so that is likely the culprit. It's going to take a few days to know for sure but... my fingers are crossed. I had been unusually gassy as well (sorry tmi) so LO and I will be switching to bottled only for cooking my food and any drinks. Please cross you fingers for us that we have found the issue. And thanks for the replies, it's nice to know people care :)

One thing you could try is putting her in a carrier facing forward ie her back on your tummy with her legs crossed like in yoga. This is the position they recommend for babies with colic as their knees press lightly on their stomachs helping with the gas. You'll need a long material carrier for this. ( I put a thread on here on baby wearing positions that shows you how to put the baby in in this way)
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/52653-baby-wearing-positions-vids.html

This is from parents.com

Tips to help ease your little one's discomfort:

Colic is a condition that causes pain in your infant's gastrointestinal tract. Fortunately, it rarely lasts beyond your baby's third month, and usually peaks at about four to six weeks of age. Symptoms include apparent abdominal pain, gassiness, a distended belly, irritability, and long, inconsolable bouts of crying, usually starting in the early evening and lasting for hours. No one is really sure of the cause, but many physicians cite the baby's diet -- either something the nursing mother is eating, or a sensitivity to formula. To soothe your child during bouts of colic:

Walk him kangaroo-style. With your baby in a front carrier (facing either in or out, depending on what seems to be his preference) walk him around the house, or, if
weather permits, outside.

Hold him in the "colic carry." Position your baby so that his stomach rests on your forearm and his head is supported in the palm of your hand or the crook of your arm.

Rock and roll him. Rock your baby in your arms. Take him for a ride in the car, or for a walk in his stroller. The steady rhythm of any kind of movement is soothing.

Make good vibrations. Place your child, securely strapped in his car seat, on top of a running clothes dryer, being sure to hold the seat to prevent it from vibrating off the machine.

Swaddle him. Some babies respond well to being wrapped tightly, especially while being rocked.

Give him a massage. Lay him tummy-down across your legs and gently rub his back to help release pent-up gas.

Play "white noise." A single sound, such as a recording of rain or even the sound of a hair dryer, can calm your baby.

Reduce outside stimulation. Lower the lights, reduce the noise around the house, and speak or sing softly to your baby.

Provide warmth. Place a warm (not hot) washcloth on his tummy or give him a warm bath.

Pedal his legs. With your baby on his back, gently move his legs in a pedaling motion to help him release gas.

Adjust his diet. If you're nursing and if none of the above seems to help, try changing your own diet by eliminating dairy products, caffeine, onions, cabbage, broccoli, garlic, and spicy foods. If your baby is formula-fed, ask the pediatrician about switching to a soy-based, predigested, or other hypoallergenic formula. Formula-fed babies need iron, sow low-iron formulas are rarely recommended.

Calm yourself. If all else fails, put the baby down, make yourself a cup of tea and calm yourself down. Don't let him pick up on your own anxiety. Then snuggle your baby and realize that you're the best person to comfort him and if you can't do it, nobody can.

:hugs:

Hope you got to the bottom of this! Fingers crossed she feels better!

I remember the water being contaminated a few years back and it had horrible effects one me.Hot flashes,stomach pain...etc.

Hope changing the water helps. If you're buying bottles make sure it's just plain bottled water and not mineral water x

have you tryed gripe water too this is great to get wind out and to help sleeping a bouncer or a swing is great if you havnt allready got one, hope it gets better for you i know how hard it is but just keep thinking it wont last forever xxx:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->