At home doppler

amberjoy

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just wondering when you were able to find your babies heart beat with a home fetal doppler?

I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and still haven't found it yet (I know it still can be a little early) I did get to see the heart beat at weeks and everything was looking fine :)

Even some doctors can't find them until 12-14 weeks . 10 weeks your baby is still tiny so keep trying but if you can't find anything don't worry

I only tried at 12 weeks. and it took about 30 mins the first time. but once I figured out where the baby was usually I could find it quicker and quicker

I got mine at 10w5d, it took a while to find but now it's much easier. I've got a sonoline b :)

Hi I have angle monitor & this is my second child. I didn't use it till 20 weeks with my first but thought I would give it a go last Friday being 10+4. I tried for ages & couldnt find it, got myself all upset & worried so put it away. The next day I was gonna ring round everywhere & try & get a private scan but thought I would try one more time & I found it. It was soooo low almost on my hair line & I had to angle it. I watched a few clips on you tune which I found helped. X

Doc wasn't able to find the heartbeat at almost 13 weeks - didn't try again until 16 weeks, so definitely wouldn't worry at 10 weeks :)

Even when my OB did it yesterday it took a minute or so to find it.

One time, at 18 weeks, I couldn't find it after 30 mins of searching. Next day was as clear as a bell. It just depends on babies position and how much they're moving. My well padded belly didn't help either. Our baby was zooming about so much at a scan at about 12 weeks it was hard to get a pic. No wonder we don't always catch them :)

9 weeks 3 days had the volume turned up all the way and it was only for a brief second. It was very hard to find.

between 10-12 weeks. I had to go a lot lower than I thought... pretty much to the hairline. once you find it.. it will be much easier after that! make sure you are using some sort of gel too .. i used aloe vera gel.. worked just fine!

8 weeks 5 days. I watched videos on youtube that helped. I started really really low. I tried for 30 minutes the day before and it was nowhere, I tried maybe 5 minutes that day and BOOM there it was! :) It all depends on baby's positioning. I also found that a full bladder helps as it pushes baby up higher and makes it easier to find.

I'm in newzealand and I don't actually think you can buy or hire a Doppler and if you can i wouldnt know where to buy from! So I only get to hear hearts beats at midwife visit :(

Search eBay. That's where mine came from via a friend. Angel sounds is a popular brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->