At home insemination

Stephie 25

Reaction score
I am looking for advise on at home insemination. Does it actually work?

My OH has a long-standing history of childhood sexual abuse. This has left him with some shall we say "bedroom difficulties". Essentially the train works perfectly in manual mode, will willingly enter the tunnel but the passengers refuse to leave the train.

We have been happily married for over 10 years and recently decided that we would like to start a family. I have PCOS, so we already know that it may be difficult for us.

We've been talking about IVF, however I'm not sure that it will be a financially viable pathway for us.

I've been looking at at home insemination but don't know much about it. Is it worth a try? Any success stories? Any advise?

Hello,
you can find many success stories here. It can definitely work. Specially if you keep up with your ovulation. Timing is everything. You can find a lot o info about preseed lubricant that helps, as well as "moon cup or soft cup" to keep semen close to your cervix.

For me personally, I have tried in home insemination for about 2 years with no luck at all. I was trying to get pregnant with my best friend and co-parent. And nothing... we did everything by the book. After little over 2 years, I called it a day.

So, fast forward, I meet a new guy and he wanted a baby so bad, I was on board...we decided to give it a free flow. First month of TTC and BAAAAM... BFP!

TMI, but nothing is TMI... does your husband ejaculates outside of you? Perhaps you can sneak it in there... all you need is one swimmer.

Sorry to hijack this thread!!

Congrats ibeach!!!!

I have absolute proof that it works, my dear friend is now 14 weeks pregnant with our first baby and we did at home insemination. We actually called a midwife and paid her to come out and do it with one of those little plastic things they use for pap smears, and a syringe, filled with hubby's swimmers. It worked the very first month we tried! We used an OPK and did one session, every other day from CD 10, then when she had the OPK+, we did it that day and the day after. We are SOOOOO excited!

I also have PCOS, have had several miscarriages, so many, I have lost count, and being late 40's, my chances are just about gone. We have a dear friend who agreed to surrogate for us. Once we ironed things out and started trying, it was very quick.

Some pointers I could give would be to definitely get a midwife if you can, they will get the semen right at the mouth of the cervix and those who do at-home insemination are very familiar with the process. We also used Pre-seed but don't think we needed it, since our surrogate is early 20's and very fertile, with 2 children of her own.

Another reason this might work well for you is....your hubby's passengers can leave the train in private, without having to "perform" so that can help with that issue as well. We used it right away, within 5-10 minutes, we did not wait for it to liquify like some post I have read.

Of course, put your legs and hips in the air for 30 min. afterwards...

And, for the PCOS, I have that also, and I have been able to get pregnant multiple times, I would just miscarry, but I was only able to ovulate when I was doing a very low-carb diet and is dietary ketosis. That literally reversed the PCOS and my period and ovulation came back every time I was on the low-carb eating for at least a month or two. I don't know how or why it works so well for women with PCOS, but it does.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am about to post my story and hope to get support along the way. It is hard not being the one carrying the baby, but we are so grateful to our surrogate. We will spend the rest of our lives indebted to her. <3

One more thing, if you haven't already, have your DH sperm tested. If you don't have insurance to cover it, it is only about $150 at the lab, and they also carry an at-home test that tells you a simple yes/no, if your DH has an adequate sperm count, but doesn't tell you anything about motility or anything like that. It is about $65 online and the results are instant at home, no sending it off. We used it, my DH was positive for good count, so apparently he was okay, since we had BFP first cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->