• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

at home IUI?

Brittany12,

A friend and her husband conceived they're baby @ home via a turkey baster. I'm VERY serious! My friend has an illness that her husband doesn't have, so it was either turkey baster, syringe or a center for an IUI. It took like 3 tries. Best wishes! :cloud9:

thank you! I think the name i'm thinking of is ICI where you just put the sperm at the tip of cervix not through the cervix! i think i may try it next cycle..

Your welcome! Never heard of an ICI. Does it stand for Intra Cervical Insemination?

ive never heard of that.. sounds interesting!

yeah, ive done some research on it and its pretty safe as long as you use a sterile syringe and be careful not to put it in the cervix.

I just googled cause i had to know what this is, here's a link but pretty much there is ICI IUI and IVF...ICI being the cheapest but can cause an infection IUI being the most expensive and IVF being in the middle...i'll just post the link so you can read lol

https://itsconceivablenow.com/2011/06/02/insemination-decision-3-ici-iui-or-ivf/

IVF is usually the most expensive. women usually try IUI first and if that doesn't work then the do IVF.

ICI is something that can be done at home and is really common people just dont call it ICI.. its just injecting the sperm right to the cervix.

IVF is usually the most expensive. women usually try IUI first and if that doesn't work then the do IVF.

ICI is something that can be done at home and is really common people just dont call it ICI.. its just injecting the sperm right to the cervix.
Does it work for to get pregnant by trying home ICI?

I have tried it myself with donor sperm. My first two attempts were sadly unsuccessful.

I have tried it myself with donor sperm. My first two attempts were sadly unsuccessful.
Oh sorry to hear that. Hope you get the BFP sooner the possible.we too in same journey. Wishing you a great luck and we are also waiting for to know if it’s success or not in couple of days. How did you timed and how many times per cycle you did and what method you used ?

this was actually very, very old. I posted this years ago. However, I personally do not recommend this. It sounded great at the time because we so badly wanted a baby, but good old fashion dtd is what worked every time for us.

this was actually very, very old. I posted this years ago. However, I personally do not recommend this. It sounded great at the time because we so badly wanted a baby, but good old fashion dtd is what worked every time for us.
Thank you for your response. But there are people like me who have no other option of doing hospital IUI due to highly expensive thinking this home ici could work at the tiny possible way. Only time can answer our hope. Let’s see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->