At the hospital.. *Updated, pg. 2.

Sorry you are having such a stressful time, hope all works out, wishing you loads of luck xxx

I got a ultrasound today at 5w3d and al they saw was a gestational sac and yolk sac. They said everything was looking just as it should. the fetal pole is not always visible until 6 1/2 weeks. Doc told me not to worry, so I wouldnt if I were you.

At 5 weeks 3 days I only had sac and yolk sac then at 6+1 fetal pole and heart beat :)

I agree with tddunn and misscalais....No fetal pole OR yolk sac for me until 6 weeks. Hang in there...

Thanks, the nurse just called me; they sent out the US for a second opinion, and are confident it was just a cyst- however, I'm measuring at less than 5 weeks- just a sac and yolk sac apparently no fetal pole. My LMP was Oct. 4th, I have 34ish day cycles normally so I do ovulate later than normal. I got my positive test on Halloween (Oct, 31),it was VERY faint, so unless I was 7 dpo I should be measuring bigger? Maybe someone can help me figure out my dates better? I'm terrified now that baby isn't progressing and I should be measuring bigger than this. :/ I have a repeat US in 2 weeks to check growth. They taking blood tomorrow (friday) to check hcg levels, and again on Monday as labs are closed saturday and sunday. To see how they're rising. So it's better than hearing I have an ectopic, but still not what I wanted to hear.

Hey, I can't help you figure out your dates but just wanted you to know that I am going through the same thing date wise. My scan is showing no poles just sack and yolk but im supposed to be 7 weeks so feel like I am too behind to be viable. I am going back in two weeks. :( Hate the stress of worrying, good luck to you, my LMP was 22nd of September so I feel extra worried :( boo hoo x

For the first several weeks, I was measuring nearly a week behind and they were questioning my certainty of dates. They weren't seeing a fetal pole when they should have for 2 weeks in a row and my OB changed my due date. Sure enough at my 12 week scan, the doctor at that office said she agreed with my original due date.

Early scans aren't as accurate because the baby is so, so tiny that it's hard to get proper measurements and depending on the machine quality, tech & positioning of EVERYTHING inside, it could be hard to see the fetal pole even though it's really there (like in my case) so I wouldn't stress too much about that if you feel confident in your dates.

Good luck!

Thank you! That's why I love this forum so much, it's so reassuring knowing others have been or are going through this as well. Helps to not feel alone. :) I'm about to pack DD up to take to MIL's for an hour while I run to get my blood drawn for the progesterone/hcg check.. on the lab slip they wrote for diagnosis "threatened abortion"... I started crying in the car. :( Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. No cramping, or bleeding though so thats always a good sign.

Thank you! That's why I love this forum so much, it's so reassuring knowing others have been or are going through this as well. Helps to not feel alone. :) I'm about to pack DD up to take to MIL's for an hour while I run to get my blood drawn for the progesterone/hcg check.. on the lab slip they wrote for diagnosis "threatened abortion"... I started crying in the car. :( Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. No cramping, or bleeding though so thats always a good sign.

Don't get upset at that!
My doctor told me just last week that is how he write things up because it ensures that the insurance will not kick the costs back.

I just had an early scan at 5+3 today, sac and yolk seen which they said us exactly what the would expect :)
Going back in 2 weeks to see heartbeat

I hate that they call a miscarriage an "abortion". Seriously drives me insane! Hope everything is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->