At University and WTT

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
hi im 21 and nearly finished my 1st year at uni studying Adult Nursing. Im thinking of TTC in december 2010 so that it would be born by the end of my 2nd year,that means id have to go back for the last year to qualify. I soooo desperately want a baby and so does my OH. He is starting uni in oct 2010 and is studying the same course as me. We are planning to get our own place once he starts uni in october.

Is anyone else in my position??

Aliceaxx:kiss:

i am hun =) i'm currently in college, but on maternity leave at the minute, but i'll be going back in september for my final year =) but i'll be starting uni in September 2011 and want to maybe start trying after my first year so baby would be born after my 2nd year =D hope it all works out for u hun xx

hey how are you finding things? just cos i know it wont be easy but am lookin for a bit of reassurance really. i know money would be tight, but wat sorta help would i be entitled to?? x

not sure about uni, but with u doin an NHS course, ur tuition fees are covered by them nd u'll get a higher bursary after u've had the baby, benefit-wise i'm not too sure, but u shud get child tax credits and child benefit regardless, u myt be entitled to income support too if ur income is low, but i suppose that would depend on the bursary...i think u myt also be entitled to grants for travel and help with books?? i'm finding things fine at the minute, not been able to do much of my assignments with having a newborn and a toddler, but i'm coping and getting support from my tutor which is helpful =) xx

when i got pregnant with my angel in jan this year i had to give up my education because i was such a high risk pregnancy sadly my pregnancy ened in ectopic pregnancy which emotionally has back tracked me, i was considering going back this year but not sure... i really hope you get things sorted out but often its better to wait. uni debt plus parenting, college doesn't effect benefits etc but uni does its more money ot and less comnig in.

thanks for the advice, me and my OH will each be earning approx. £560 each a month, we dont pay tuition fees and our bursary doesnt have to be paid back! it would be our first so im hoping to juggle uni and the baby and childcare between me and the OH. I get 45wks paid maternity leave and as "Jomum2b-again" has said i can receive tax credits and a higher bursary, think i will just stop taking my pill in december and let nature take its course, not gonna put any pressure on ourselves! x

Hi hun, I started a degree at University when I was almost 19 (although not NHS related), my son was about to turn three at the time. We lived off my grants/loans and my partner's income (which tbh wasn't much as he worked shifts and there simply were no hours!). We managed fine in our own home and paying the bills etc. Childcare was also not a problem (private nursery) and nor was juggling my studies with parenting. As students you'll be eligible for council tax benefit plus any other benefits such as housing, income support etc if they don't think your student income is enough to live off :hugs:

It is very do-able if you want it to be. I've taken a break from my second year after planning this baby (due in July), because I knew I would not be able to cope with the work which is much more than the first year in my particular course. However that is just me, and I see no reason why you couldn't give it a shot and succeed if you wanted to. I think taking a break was also the most suitable choice for me because I plan to stay at home for a good while (which I wasn't able to do with my son). Sometimes waiting is the answer, and sometimes it isn't. Only you can make that choice :hugs:

Hi chick. I'm in my final year of my adult nursing degree and toyed with the idea of starting to TTC so that I would (hopefully) be pregnant for the last few months of the course but OH and I decided to wait until I have a job as his work is kinda unstable at the moment.

A few girls joined my year after taking time out for having babies and they all said it has been no problem. Yeah, it can be a struggle when on placement, doing shifts and having a few assignments due in at the same time but it's not impossible. All of those girls got by just fine - academically and financially.

Good luck! x

cheers hun thats lifted a weight off my mind! cos i know when we do finally get pregnant a lot of people will try and convince us to get an abortion as no1 knows we are WTT/TTC so i know our parents will try and tell us that we should wait! but there is no way id ever have an abortion! i think uni would be very flexible and these days uni tries to keep students in education and encourage support so u go bk to finish! x

Hey there I'm in my 2nd year of uni and hope to be pregnant in my 3rd :) I'm 25 this year, married and living with my husband in our little house, I'm doing computer science and plan to take a break for a year between end of uni and my post grad in teaching :)

Good luck :)

Kind of I am doing Children's nursing and I already have a son. I am holding of WTT purley because being and doing a course and then going back is soon as you give birth I found was extermely difficult purely because I was uncomfortable during the last stages and having a newborn is physically and mentally draining.

Especially adult nursing hun the shifts and coursework on top of that. I wish you the best of luck
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->