• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At what age can you give a baby...

Itsychik

Reaction score
Wheatabix?

We've just started weaning and want to give our DD something like porridge or cereal for breakfast, but the baby cereals don't mix well with breast milk (they don't thicken up) so was thinking of wheatabix as we gave that to my DS, but not until he was 9-ish months old.

Or any other suggestions of a breakfast alternative??

Thanks!

I started him on it at 6 months, I started weaning at 4.5 months though so he'd already had baby rice and things first. I'm sure you could just start now as it's healthy

Over here the advice is over 12 months as the fibre content is too high.

UK advice would be 6 months old, my ds loves mushy Weetabix and bananas. If you're into blw at all then well buttered toast, pancakes and crumpets have always gone down well in our house with milk given in a cup if not on breakfast. :)

Yep I started giving it from 6 months too he loves it

6 months and they can have full fat cows milk in cereal if you want

You can give from 6 months but my nephew had a terrible nappies from it so I waited till lo was 12 months.
I dunno but I know how I definitely after eating weetabix and I figure it could have the possibility of going right through a 6 month old.

We started using weetabix around 7-8 months instead of the boxes of baby breakfast as we were using a box in a couple of days!
Weetabix are his favourite and he has them most mornings either with banana or peanut butter mixed in. Yum x

LO hasn't had it yet, mainly because she prefers toast but I would give it from 6 months personally, I'm in uk :)

I gave it to my lo when he was almost 7 months. The only reason i didn't give it to him from 6 months was because we were going away and i wasn't sure how it would affect his nappies and didn't want to deal with a mess away from home! He was fine though, i started with half then after about 2 weeks he started crying when it was finished so upped it to a whole one.

We gave weetabix from the start of weaning at 6 months. It does have added salt, so it isn't something to offer daily, but it's perfectly fine from 6 months.

Quick question to mums who give their children weet a box do you just give normal weet a box or organic one? Just normal one seems to have some sugar in it.

I started giving Tom wheetabix at around 7 months with warm cows milk mashed up.

He still loves it now he is 16 months but his favourite at the moment is rice crispies. I try to be careful with cereal though because of it's high sugar content.

Wheetabix is quite healthy though, as far as I'm aware :) Tom also loved porridge when he was younger too but isn't that keen on it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->