at what age did you start using cloth nappies?

I bought a nice big stash of terry squares and various wraps whilst I was pregnant with Vincent, and once he was born we used Bio Sposies for the first few weeks. I did try a bamboo terry square on him when he was about 2 weeks old, but it was ridiculously bulky and so we put them away again for a while. We really started using them about a week ago, when he was about 6 weeks old, and with terry squares you can try all sorts of folds to get a really good fit.
I was really worried about all the laundry too, and there was a point before we started using the cloth nappies all day when I thought we'd never use them as I just couldn't imagine all that laundry! But then we took it really slowly, at first just using one or two cloth nappies a day and the rest the bio sposies, and we've worked up from there to exclusively cloth in the day (we're still using sposies at night for now...)
But the laundry is so much less that I thought it'd be: Admittedly Vince only does one poo a day, and we tend to leave a wet nappy on him for about 3 or even 4 hours as they don't bother him much, (though I may try out some fleece liners to help keep him dry in there...) so we end up doing nappy laundry about twice a week really (that's with a stash of 25 terry squares).

Go easy on yourself, and maybe try one or two during the day, you can always then go a few days on sposies if you get a mega laundry week with all those kids!! But you may find that it's easier than you thought and you might love the cloth bum thing :D we do now!!

Lots of luck :hug:

Shadow xx

I didn't until about 8 months, I had to convince OH that they were better than disposibles :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->