At what age did you try you little one with toast....

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
... just wondering as I think Rihanna would love it but nervous that she might choke!

So what age did you introduce it and which bread did u use and how did it u give it to him/her (small pieces or half slice?).

I weaning Rihanna from 4 months

Thanks ladies xx

Yeah about 6months....they can't usually get it near their mouths before that anyway :rofl:

I tried Lewis on toast a couple of weeks ago, wholemeal bread with a little bit of flora, cut into soldiers. As long as they were longish strips he could manage to pick them up, hold them and get them in his mouth. (He only has wholemeal cus me & OH eat it so it's what's in the house).

He didn't really eat it as such, sucked it until it was completely soggy, chewed it a little bit then dribbled/spat/dropped it on the floor :dohh:

Yeah about 6months....they can't usually get it near their mouths before that anyway :rofl:

lol totally agree... I've tried giving Jasmine a rusk and she sucks it for a minute and then loses interest and just eats her fingers anyways.

I cut it into triangles as they're a bit less "floppy" than soldiers IYKWIM?:rofl:

tommy started having toast about 4 weeks just small bits of it at first cut into soldiers, he loves it but like the others has a good suck on it, dribbles a bit then drops it and gets angry lol he has wholemeal or white whatever we have in

h x

Max got it the first time at 6 months and we gave him smart bread :) white

6 months because they aren't supposed to have gluten before that (even if they're weaned early)

maddi had it for the first time last week and she loved it :) just white best of both bread, no butter, into soldiers, she loves her finger food!

nope, he's got 6 teeth but even before that it seemed to help him hold it. All LOs are different though. Try it both ways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->