At what age did your child wipe their bottom alone?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So...when should your child be wiping their bottom independently?...when did yours? x

Charlie has been doing it properly since just before he was 4. He was doing it by himself for a good while before then, but I had to help out. Now he can do it fine - now and then he doesn't do it properly at pre-school but I think he's just in such a rush to get back to play in there! We don't have that issue anywhere else.

Omar is 4.5 yrs, he still can't do it alone

My daughter will be 4 in May, she'll wipe her own bum if she's done a wee but point blank refuses to wipe her bum if she's done a poo :wacko:

I have to say mine have always done their own bottoms, well I helped them out at first. We used those flushable bottom wipes to make it easier.

Mine have always done it alone, as soon as they were potty training (obviously helped them out/taught them first)

My LO point blank refuses to wipe hers and she's just over 4. It was becoming a battle so I've eased off and will set up a sticker chart in the near future. Such fun!

Earl can do it, but at the moment we're having a few 'accidents' so I'm having to take more control to make sure he's clean etc. Once he's a bit more reliable I'll hand it back to him. He has been doing it since around when he turned 4, which was October time. I leave a pack of baby wipes on top of the toilet for him to use which helps a bit.

Since she was potty trained at 2.5

I don't think they would do it for her at preschool anyway x

Eleanor started at around 3 and a half, but with us there to make sure everything was done ok (not the wrong way, as she's prone to bladder infections). Since turning 4 she does it herself without us being there. Will admit she still has lazy days where she'll call us to do it for her though, but during the night she won't wake us up for it.

With help since he potty trained just after he turned 3, without help for the past couple of months. He could always do it fine really but he wasn't confident and wanted me to do it aswell.

2 for my youngest, 4 for my middle, and I am not sure for the oldest because he didn't go to preschool. That being said, if there is diarrhea or whatever, they will call me in.

She does wipe a wee but still can't wipe a poo on her own, she really can't get the hang of front to back so I'm worried about her getting an infection.

She's wiped her bottom for a wee fine since she was about 2 1/2 but poo is a different matter. She still likes to call from the toilet 'I've done a Poo' at the top of her voice. She expects someone to appear, say 'Bend like a frog' (weird my OH's doing - apparently when he was a boy it was 'See London' so I shouldn't complain?!?!?) and wipe for her.

I am at the process of getting her to do it herself and we've made quite rapid progress this week. Going to school in September has really motivated me and her.

Mine can at preschool and has been able to since he turned 4.

At home he asks for help still but he can do it if he really wants to!

I'd just like Ben to poo in a toilet instead of a nappy, I'm starting to think it's never going to happen :(

Sorry that doesn't answer your post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->