At what age did your child wipe their bottom alone?

Abby can't at 5 but I'm not sure if this is because of her cerebral palsy or not. Interested in other responses here!

I am still trying to teach chloe, very concerned about when she starts school and can't do it herself

Madi has been doing it for a good year, but recently reverted back to asking me to help. Because she says she does it the wrong way (back to front) and that she can't do it properly the right way.
Trying to teach her, I find having toilet wipes helps more than tissue, I get Hello Kitty ones from B&M :)

So...when should your child be wiping their bottom independently?...when did yours? x

We are still struggling with getting everything clean. She is 7. She stands up to wipe and if it is poop it makes a big mess because it spreads when she stands. So... Still a work in progress for us.

Owen turned four on friday but still asks me to wipe for him.Im currently trying to learn him before he starts school in September.

Monster would wipe himself after potty training etc and do a good job from around 3.

Elf has been confident from around 2/3 BUT she doesn't really do a good enough job and from pre-school and nursery have found her to be sore etc... :( But it is just a learning process.

Joshua has been wiping himself (without further intervention needed) since he was 3.

Jacob still needs a bit of help but is getting there.

Gabriel is only just finally toilet trained at almost 4.5 and he's also suddenly taken an interest in wiping his own butt. We have the flush-able wipes, but often have to help him still because he'll take one swipe and think he's clean when he's not even close.

Thomas wipes his own bum at 3.5 years. He doesn't sit to poo, he squats with his feet on the seat. Much less poo smudging that way(his idea).

I'm still helping mojo and he's 4.5. He tries... But he tends to make a mess!

Madeleine I can't remember... But I still find the odd skid mark in her knickers and she's 7

Seity, mojos only just potty trained too, it's good to see another 'late' potty trainer... I thought we were the only one!

My daughter started wiping her own bum at around 3 and half

My youngest son started wiping his own bum at about 3 years old but with help, he is now 5 and a half and i still have to check his bum after hes wiped and nearly everytime send him back to wipe again, he does have severe IBS though so its to be expected. But i just hope soon enough i wont have to keep checking after every poo, sometimes i have to send him back to wipe again at least 4 times and i end up just doing it for him to save him clogging my toilet full of tissue lol x

Brooke has just started, put up a bit of an argument, but I think that's more to do with her being a bit of a lazy bum more than anything lol!

DS is 3, he started a couple of months ago and it's still a bit hit andmiss- if he is in a ruch he doesn't do a great job but he doesn't want me to do it for him anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->