At what age do you offer breakfast before bottle?

sezzolou

Reaction score
Just wondering at what age others swapped over? Lo had just gone 11 months so we are still offering milk before food at breakfast time (breakfast an hour later). Wasn't sure when to make the swap? He still loves his morning bottle and gets impatient for it so I'm happy to continue.

We swapped to milk after foods at about 9-10 months I think, but milk is still allowed before breakfast now and LO is nearly 3. If there's a gap of more than half an hour between the two, I'd just leave it as it is. If you start to find LO isn't hungry for food at whatever time you normally have breakfast, after a year I'd probably cut down on the milk given before breakfast or start to switch them around, but before a year I wouldn't stop LO having milk when it was wanted.

I give my LO a straw cup with milk in the same time as breakfast and then she will have her first bottle at around 10:30. I have been doing this since around 11 months and she has her 3 bottles a day.

My lo is one next week and he still has a 6oz bottle before breakfast as he so ready for it first thing

LO still has her milk first at 3yrs old.
she will sit at the table & drink it from a cup while i prep her breakfast. - gives me 5 mins peace & quite instead of her moaning shes hungry! lol xx

My niece who turned 2 in January still has milk before breakfast.

For us, it was when our daughter wasn't hungry until it was our breakfast time, which was about 14 months or so. Before that, she would wake, play a little bit in bed with us and then be hungry before we'd gotten her up and dressed and we were ready for breakfast ourselves at the usual time we had breakfast. Milk was to tide her over until her meal. Probably about 2 months ago, she just stopped being as hungry first thing in the morning. I'd tried to offer her a cup of milk anyway (even though she didn't obviously seem to want it) and she would drink it, but then not eat her breakfast. So I just went with her cues, didn't give her milk and had breakfast at our usual time. This is the case most mornings now, but occasionally she is still really hungry, especially if she gets up early, so she'll have some milk.

Rio stopped wanting his milk at breakfast time around a month ago so now he has breakfast when he gets up and a bottle around 12 before a nap. Then he has his lunch when he wakes. Then a snack, dinner and a bottle before bed. He's only on about 14oz a day now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->