At what point did you go to the hospital?

caitlyn2009

Reaction score
As the title says, at what point in labor did you go to the hospital? I had my 3rd sweep yesterday and woke up this morning having short but painful contractions. They are around 5 or so mins apart but only last about 30 secs. I had some bloody show as well. I am asking because I am home alone today with my 3 year old and was curious as to what point everyone decides to head over to labor and delivery. Please share and thanks in advance :)

I went in when contractions were about 3 mins apart lasting about 1 minute each. I would get someone to come over to keep you company/help look after lo or to be their of you need to go to hospital
good luck xxx

I was thinking about having my husband come home at lunch time but I don't want him to waste time off work if he doesn't have too. If I stay busy, they seem to space out a bit so I will give it a little more time and see how it goes. Thanks for your reply :)

Does he work far away of he was needed to come home quickly? Xx

Oh that's good then :)

Good luck with your labour, fingers crossed things progress quickly for you xxx

We went in when I was having 3 good contraction in a 10 minute period. I was 5cm when I got there

I would def start making arrangements for people to be on standby. Especially since your alone and your 3 yo wouldn't be able to care for herself if anything started moving quicker then you could handle. I'd call the person who you intend to care for her while your in the hospital and ask if they could come and sit with you just in case.

Thanks for the advice ladies.. hubby is in the shower and then we are headed to the hospital by my midwifes request!

My midwife said to use the 4-1-1 rule…contractions every 4 min lasting 1 min and this should be happening constantly for 1 hour

2 minutes apart but only 20 seconds long - and they never got longer. Nearly didn't make it to the hospital though and believe if I had tried to push when I first felt the urge dd would have been born at home. Opted for a homebirth for that reason this time!

As soon as my water broke...I only had 2 contractions, 7 mins apart before that happened though.

After my waters broke. I'd been having contractions all over the place from 3-7 minutes apart for about 5-6 hours at that point. Mine were never really regular so you can't always count on that either.

For me i was told 5min apart. Lasting 1 min. For 1 hour.

Ive gone in when i cant talk which is usually 3-4min apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->