Attachment parenting - educate me.

modified

Reaction score
From the very little information I've read about this, it's something I very much want to read more about but am struggling to find solid, concise information.

Does anyone have any recommended links that really lay out what attachment parenting is and how to go about it? Something I can read and pass on to my husband and others providing care for our baby?

Thanks! :flower:

This is a decent article to start with - https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/parenting/attachment-parenting/what-ap-7-baby-bs - but as it says, AP isn't a set of rules so you really won't find anything 'solid' or rule-based because it's more about your approach to being a parent e.g. a lot of AP parents breastfeed because it's a huge bonding thing but if you don't or can't breastfeed that doesn't mean you can't be an attachment parent, you can bottle feed (whatever milk) in an attached way e.g. an attachment parent probably wouldn't bottle prop but would cuddle the baby while feeding them and would probably carefully watch for baby's cues that they're full (that's not to say people not 'doing' AP wouldn't do the same!). The 7 Bs on the list there are good starting points to get you thinking about how things will work in your family but it doesn't cover everything and some of the things are things you might not want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->